Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The best 1 star reviews are for classics of world literature. Everyone knows ancient writings don't always make for the lightest reading, but the concept of going on a website and writing a review to warn people off A Pilgrims Progress or something is hilarious to me.

"To be honest, I just stopped reading this book 150 pages in. I thought I would like it since I just finished Percy Jackson and was digging the greek mythology and I love the movie Troy. But, the 150 pages I read was all in one battle and was basically a history like 'X fought Y. X was supported by Athena and Y was supported by Ares. X killed Y with a spear through the heart. X moved on to fight Z.' And so on and so on. SO boring. I am extemely disappointed because I wanted to like the book. Maybe it would have gotten better further in, but I felt like 150 pages of this book was 150 too many. Sorry Homer!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Captain Mog posted:

Almost as bad is the infamous, passive-aggressive "Sorry that this is one of the best books ever but I didn't like it. Sorry! Don't eat me! It wasn't for me. I'm really sorry guys, okay? I'm sorry for the one-star rating. If you don't like it, too bad. *shrugs*." It's like they're daring someone to call them out on their lack of a proper review that will let me know why they didn't like this #1 NYT King bestseller.

Sorry Homer!

• Locked thread