Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
https://www.goodreads.com/DQuad
I'll add everyone here eventually, I already hit the daily limit halfway down the 1st page. :)
I like to read things that no normal person should read, just because. I've reviewed Dianetics!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

This community is more hilarious than I ever could've imagined. The "Top 100 of 2011" list is literally 100% Romance and Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy and Self-Published Paranormal Urban Romance Fantasy etc.
Either there are mostly teenage girls, and 35 year old cat ladies on Goodreads, or idiots love lists. Maybe both?

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

One thing I learned about Goodreads that I should've already known, was that the book-specific forum threads are wretched. Catcher in the Rye has a thread about "I don't get it" and it's basically 30 pages of "Welp, obviously the book had no plot, Holden didn't do anything and it was a waste of time. THANKS FRESHMAN ENGLISH."... from, like everywhere between 18-45 year olds.
Now I'm not gonna say it's the best book of all time, and I understand that different literature speaks to different people... but god dammit. I know I'm raging because people have a different opinion than me, but it is THE WRONG OPINION.

• Locked thread