Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinking With Nixon
Mar 7, 2009

Your Mama's got plans, your daddy's aim is true.
She never understood that it ain't no good.
Papa never heard the cool.
I really love Goodreads, a must if you are on the 52 book challenge. http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4445664-nathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinking With Nixon
Mar 7, 2009

Your Mama's got plans, your daddy's aim is true.
She never understood that it ain't no good.
Papa never heard the cool.

AreYouStillThere posted:

It's the main thing that bugs me about Goodreads too. I'm reading Lolita right now and was perusing the reviews, and this exact scenario happened a few times in just the 3 reviews that I read. It's extremely prevalent in the Young Adult paranormal romance crowd but that's probably because it really is inundated with terrible books.

According to Goodreads Lolita is the 36th worst novel of all time! But hey that's just part of the experience. I literally read a review on the The Great Gatsby where someone said that Jay Gatsby should have worked harder instead of daydreaming all the time :psyduck:. Then I realized that the reviewer more than likely has not touched the book outside of high school and it made me feel better.

• Locked thread