Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Does anyone know of a similar website which is not now owned by such vicious tax dodgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I appreciate that you didn't let reading the thread slow you down from bringing us this hot news.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

PureRok posted:

I don't see what about that review makes him a dick, if that's supposed to be an example. If what he says about the book is true then I would agree with him.

You'd agree that a nine year old girl's a bitch? Cool, cool... Also, anybody who'd rage-quit out of reading his son a bedtime story is allll right by me.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 2, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It'll also tell you the width of your average book, in case you're ever really really bored.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

barkingclam posted:

Sometimes for kicks, I'll dig up cool one-star reviews like this.

Reading 1 star reviews is possibly my favourite thing to do on Goodreads.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 23, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A lot of those exclaim their weariness in encountering yet another such book in their quest to read through sequentially a list of a 1000 classics which had been drafted by some ad-man or other. Savage self-ownage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is there a good way of searching through the various editions of a book? For the classics, there's an infinite array of various rinky dink publications that you can arrange by various useless criteria. You can sort by format to paperback and there are still a thousand to pick through, or set it to the publication date and it peters out after 1990.

• Locked thread