Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Reading 1 star reviews is possibly my favourite thing to do on Goodreads.

The Teen paranormal romance section is the absolute best place for this.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
By far, the most annoying thing about Goodreads are those high-rated, one-star reviews of books which consist of nothing other than a bunch of witty sayings, .gifs, and a "hell no"! Like, seriously, I don't give a poo poo if it was the dumbest book in the Universe. I don't care if it makes Twilight look like War & Peace. Tell me what you didn't like about it and why. You aren't half as funny as you think you are.

Almost as bad is the infamous, passive-aggressive "Sorry that this is one of the best books ever but I didn't like it. Sorry! Don't eat me! It wasn't for me. I'm really sorry guys, okay? I'm sorry for the one-star rating. If you don't like it, too bad. *shrugs*." It's like they're daring someone to call them out on their lack of a proper review that will let me know why they didn't like this #1 NYT King bestseller.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 9, 2014

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Earwicker posted:

yes how terrible that the reviews for "Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3)" are full of all kinds of nerdy crap, surely unlike the actual contents of the book

It's you isn't it? You're the drive-by GIF-er.

Oh and also Laini Taylor is awesome.

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 18, 2014

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

The Grey posted:

I'm browsing through Goodreads this morning and came across this book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21953652-land-of-the-free

547 out of 551 reviews are 5-stars. Seriously? If you are going to rig your reviews, can you do it a little less obviously?

"Hey, Mom, Dad? Do you think you could tell your friends to rate my book five stars on Goodreads? Thanks, love you!"

• Locked thread