Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
Ok, this thread is way too Ibiza/UK/Mainstream for my liking. Have some cool stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/petervanhoesen/peter-van-hoesen-at-berghain

This is a set by Peter Van Hoesen (a pretty legit guy who does some cool stuff) at the best place in the world for techno, Berghain. He's got EBM and some Acid-y stuff in there as well.

Here's a pretty awesome song from EQD, better known as Shed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpEZL436hXY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

Well, look at this cool guy!

I really like hearing sets from Berghain. There really isn't a similar venue in the world.

This is a pretty good set recorded there: http://soundcloud.com/r_co/surgeon-live-berghain-berlin. I would play it in my torture dungeon 24/7.

Talking about Ibiza though... I'm catching Damian Lazarus tonight. Should be fun.

Yeah, but "berghain techno" is becoming super prevalent these days, as not only do the residents play everywhere, but a lot of big name Berlin DJs jumped onto that sound a few years ago.

It seems like every few years Berlin/German techno gets stuck in a stylistic rut for a bit, it was that way in the early 2000s with "big room" tresor style sounds. I feel it was really Ostgut/Berghain (with Shed, Marcell Dettmann and Ben Klock) who got it going somewhere interesting again, but for the last bit it seems that what was big in 2008/9 is still what's big, and we need another push forward.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

cubicle gangster posted:

Is there any chance you'd be able to make a quick list of some of the better clubs that play techno in NY? I'm heading there soon.

The Bunker (Brooklyn) is the best IMO, at least in terms of the acts they get.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

Marcel Dettmann in my city this Saturday. World class booking. So excited.

yeah I love that guy, how was his set?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

I'm gonna spend July 4th eating hot dogs and chillin' with Ben Klock.

Gonna own.

Yeah, Klock can play some pretty sweet stuff.

Hmmm, it looks like he's playing B2B with Dettmann on the 28th in Bhain, maybe I need to get out and dance a bit (Living within reasonable proximity to Berlin OWNS)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

breaks posted:

Saw scuba last night, great set. Some kids in the back were looking awfully confused about their dubstep hero laying down a (mostly) techno set but most of the crowd was up for it. If you're in one of the cities he's playing during his little North American tour, make sure to go see him!

It's kinda hilarious now because the Berlin based guys who were all about dubstep a few years ago are moving back to techno. Scuba and DJ Pete (the 2 big names) are actually playing a fair amount of techno nights and they don't organize as many dubstep nights as before (wax treatment is less regular now, and I don't think berghain has SUB:STANCE anymore). The big telling thing for me about the state of dubstep was that Shed (yes, our beloved hero producer who just released an album) is singing the praises of techno again, where as a while ago he was super into dubstep/glitch and saying he was tired of techno.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
Haha I'm moving back to berlin :smug:

Time to rave every sunday all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

a milk crime posted:

Digging is digging. Not everyone buys every record at hardwax, you know? You can find true gems at hardwax.

The thing about hard wax is that it's often nice to go there in person because the guys working there are mostly pro musicians, and they are extremely knowledgeable about their stock. While everyone can just buy every TIP or KILLER record from them the reality is that they have a lot of very limited stock of special stuff (remember those shed whitelabels?), and if you get your hands on those you're gold for a few months.