Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Hi thread,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to techno, but I'm looking for more stuff in the vein of L.F.O., Gescom, Balil and Lego Feet. Sorry if not all of that is actually techno, but if you could point me in the direction of some similar sounding stuff, that would be great. Also if anyone has the knowledge to update the OP with a bit of a guide to some old and new essential techno songs/EPs/albums/mixes, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Lump Shaker posted:

Sounds like you are basically looking for the early Warp records catalog. Not sure who is doing the sound now but I'm sure there are some.

I guess I'll keep digging round the early Warp stuff as I'm sure there's plenty I haven't explored.

If you've got any more recent recs, send them my way. It doesn't have to sound like the stuff I mentioned. I'm basically looking for some sort of primer into techno. What releases have received pretty wide acclaim over the last couple of years?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Thanks, that's really helpful! In terms of modern stuff, I'm not expecting it to sound like the Bleep stuff, just looking for general recommendations because I'm a complete novice. What songs/mixes whatever would you give to someone who wanted to get into techno?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
All these Movement posts are making me incredibly jealous! To cheer me up, what good stuff have people heard from this year so far? Especially interested in any dub techno kinda stuff.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

psilo posted:

I'm big fan of stuff Northern Electronics label has released - is there any similar labels I should check out?

You might already be on it, but there's a lot of overlap with Posh Isolation https://poshisolation.bandcamp.com/