Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Most any Oscar Mulero mix is probably a good way to go for the scifi stuff too... He did a boiler room set a couple months ago that was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9GregPIA4

breaks
May 12, 2001

I've heard a few of these garage/techno crossover things now, but anyone know if there are any people or labels putting this kind of thing out regularly?

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pt4TmvExIs

breaks
May 12, 2001

Depends on your definition of affordable I guess.

Glowcast is very reputable and masters a decent array of techno folks and is about $60 a track.

Manmade is about the same.

If those are too much 24mastering is Misjah's mastering studio, he has plenty of techno cred and also a pretty solid client list, and that's more like $40 a track.

There's others out there in that 40-60/track price range. Less than that you're just paying some random rear end in a top hat to "master" it in his bedroom so don't bother.

Personally I would go with Glowcast just because they have such a good reputation for doing a high quality job on everything that comes their way.

breaks fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 5, 2017

breaks
May 12, 2001

Avalon Emerson is a boss.

TBH as far as techno and house go all my fave DJs these days are women. Rebekah, Kraviz, Black Madonna, maybe the only dude that makes my top five is Cosmin TRG.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Rebekah in H-town was great, Liebing in A-town in a few days is gonna be great, also the Awakenings 2017 Day 1 Area Y poo poo on be-at is pretty great too. Great stuff. The best stuff!

breaks
May 12, 2001

Man last I heard Umek he was firmly in commercial tech house territory, nice to hear him getting back to some gnarly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

nobody posts in this thread anymore but i just wanna say that avalon emerson's essential mix was real good

that lady is the dj version of burial where its like drat, you hit all my nostalgia buttons but also made something new and interesting and good out of it

it's good :unsmith:

no disrepect to actionjackson up there, good try keepin it goin bud

i guess i should not be an rear end in a top hat and actually link the drat thing i like so: https://soundcloud.com/avalonemerson/essential-mix

breaks fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 4, 2018