Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Greetings deaf technogoons, I need some help finding out where I can buy the tracks that have been mashed together in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1_tLdAb3tc

The video claims that they are made by an artist called "Protek" but for the life of me I cant find any definitive references to him/her on the internet. If anyone knows how/where I can buy these tracks that would be great. The melodies are to die for.

I dunno who that is, but it's hardstyle so I don't know if anyone in this thread is going to be able to help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Derrick Carter is doing a six hour set tonight if you live in or near Chicago. Psyched for it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

That's as stupid as accepting that Moby is techno because Eminem said so in a song. This thread should be better than complaining that uninvolved music listeners have a Jersey Shore conception of house.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I also want to say that I would love to party and hang out with D. Guetta. He seems like a cool guy.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Surgeon is on Rinse for the next two hours fyi

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Sharzak posted:

In October, Above & Beyond are playing an acoustic set with a full orchestra at the Greek Theater

What in the hell? Why would anyone want to see this? (I say this as a complete apologist for uplifting/vocal trance since I listened to it heavily as a 14 year old)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

that'd be funny considering the whole plasticman/plastician thing.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I mean, I'm sure there's a lot happening, just nothing a milk crime is interested in ;-)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm gonna be in Atlanta in March, are there any clubs there that book decent DJs? It doesn't have to be techno, house is fine too.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Weaponized Cum posted:

DJ Richard this Saturday is gonna rule

He was very good when I saw him in Chicago last weekend.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

air- posted:

Yeah totally understand. I admit I'm good friends with people deeply involved in Reconstrvct so that as well as how they don't give a gently caress as far as "risky bookings" are why I'm fine with it. Plus I can't think of a system I like more than Tsunami's in the USA.

Gotta make it up to Bunker NYC's parties too though.

Haven't been to that party, but Smart Bar's system is punishing if you have never been.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The first thing I think of when I hear the name Guy Gerber is "high quality techno"

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm probably gonna go but just to the after parties.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

What parties are people going to at Movement this year? I think I'm hitting up smartbar x RA on Friday, deciding between Tresor/Discwoman/Club toilet on Saturday, No Way Back on Sunday and the Bunker party on Monday if I stick around for it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

No Way Back and Club Toilet murdered my ears, back, and feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Quite frankly I don't see the point of going to the fest proper. The lineup isn't that great and the after parties are way better + you'd have be on heroic amounts of drugs to do both. Discwoman on Saturday will be good and No Way Back on Sunday. Friday has a lot of decent looking parties, but they all seem to end around 4, which might be for the best anyways.