Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
If Nike doesn't touch the Bears' uniforms at all, I'll be happy about the job they're doing. If they throw away the jack-o-lantern orange alternates, I will love them forever.

Seriously, other than getting rid of the orange jerseys, there's just no way to improve on this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Is the fleur de lis still exactly the same as it always was?

Good.

Imagine trying to redesign the Fleur de Lis logo to look more raw and aggressive. Look this one has sharper points, this one has flames coming off if, this one is a also a hand giving you a middle finger.

nnnAdam
Jul 8, 2007

Strength in Numbers
I love the Browns uniforms. Simple and classic.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Never use powder blue throwbacks ever again

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Black Sunshine posted:

So yeah even taking into account how most of the "Lights Out" jerseys look like poo poo they couldn't even manage to gently caress up Oakland's.

Sorry mate these all-blacks are really terrible

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Rap posted:

Sorry mate these all-blacks are really terrible

Look at this bad opinion.

edit: Not saying that it looks better than our Home, Away or Throwback uniforms but it does look decent and when you compare it to most other teams' jerseys in that style, it's loving great.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 29, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Raiders white and silvers rule, the all blacks are pretty awful

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Can we talk about logos here because uh:

Apparently came from Nike's facebook page.

One of the nerds from Chris Creamer's cleaned it up:

If this is technically off topic I want the Falcons to go back to the Black/Silver. Yeah we might look like the Raiders but hell we play like them, might as well go all the way.

O.o

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

NattyBo posted:

mbisonyes.gif

Seriously, bring this the gently caress back. Also, make the gold pants permanent and make them more mustard colored than McDonald's yellow. And fix it so the sleeves on the shirts have the same numer of stripes on the pants.

Or, really, just make a good, modern updated version of this (not the one we wore in the early 2000s that looked too much like Florida State with the pewter-type gold):

But seriously, if nothing else: bring back the spear. It owns. Hard.

Whatever is less racist.

There I said it so you don't have to you bleeding heart pussies. :colbert:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Carolina's new alternate logo should just be a stylized mug shot of Cam with his shades on.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Do your worst Nike, the titans' uniforms are hideous already and the only way they could get any worse is if they try to fit in a third shade of blue.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

defiantgiant posted:

If Nike doesn't touch the Bears' uniforms at all, I'll be happy about the job they're doing. If they throw away the jack-o-lantern orange alternates, I will love them forever.

Seriously, other than getting rid of the orange jerseys, there's just no way to improve on this:

They could cite the Cincinnati Reds on their helmet. I'm sick of this blatant plagiarism.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

commy gun posted:

Whatever is less racist.

There I said it so you don't have to you bleeding heart pussies. :colbert:

Well, redesigning uniforms doesn't change the franchise name sadly. :negative:

I was hoping for small steps if nothing else, oh well.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if they kept the maskkkot but renamed the team the Washington Genocide?

duxology
Mar 11, 2006

:peycool:
I like the idea of some teams using away helmets. I was thinking last week that the Giants would look pretty sweet with their helmet colors reversed on the road. They'd probably look too much like the Colts though. And if the Colts started wearing blue helmets, it would be disgusting. So maybe it's not a great idea after all.

I'm not a big fan of the all-black uniforms, just because the whole Raiders schtick way back when was how their black jerseys actually suited them, and they played in such a way to "earn" it. When other teams start trying to do it, eh. It just looks like a failed attempt to be cool.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who's always loved the Browns uniform. There's just something fundamentally "football" about it. Yeah, our team color is brown. What are you going to do about it?

propecia
Oct 22, 2008

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Carolina's new alternate logo should just be a stylized mug shot of Cam with his shades on.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

duxology posted:

And if the Colts started wearing blue helmets, it would be disgusting.

Incorrect.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
So is there an official release date for the new Nike stuff?

I can post some 100% fake Skins pro combat mockups if anyone cares lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

RandomHodge posted:

Incorrect.

Those are terrible

Huxian
Nov 12, 2008

"It's not just the swearing either. She's got quick fists too."
Maybe I'm just tacky as hell, but if they did something radical like this:

I don't think I'd mind. I know a lot of the other mockups were far worse. (Also, bring back the Kelly Green, thanks.)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Those are terrible

I like the helmets just not the jerseys.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I think the Colts' uniforms are iconic enough to put them in the same category as the Raiders, Cowboys, Packers and Bears where you shouldn't be allowed to change them, other than very minor tweaks. The design has been pretty consistent ever since the 1950s and with good reason.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Paramour posted:

Maybe I'm just tacky as hell, but if they did something radical like this:

I don't think I'd mind. I know a lot of the other mockups were far worse. (Also, bring back the Kelly Green, thanks.)

The Philadelphia Ducks!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

SolidPolonium posted:

I like the helmets just not the jerseys.

The helmets are loving awful too

E: Misread, did you mean that you like the Colts' white helmets? That's defensible

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

NattyBo posted:

So is there an official release date for the new Nike stuff?

I can post some 100% fake Skins pro combat mockups if anyone cares lol

Nike's making their debut in April, so the draft will be the first time to see them in Action. Except Oakland.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

The helmets are loving awful too

E: Misread, did you mean that you like the Colts' white helmets? That's defensible

I meant the Blue helmets. I'd prefer to keep the white ones though for all time. Move the horse shoe to the side of the helmet and the blue ones would look immediately better.

I'd like a modernization of the jersey though while keeping the helmet.

That being said the Colts jersey is iconic despite the history of the franchise having a dead span of almost 20 years inbetween Unitas and Manning with only a spark of Harbaugh to give us anything.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Heaf posted:

Nike's making their debut in April, so the draft will be the first time to see them in Action. Except Oakland.

Oh cool, so presumably we'll at least see the new shirts by/on April 26th

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams should go back to the old blue and yellow combination, gently caress gold.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Never use powder blue throwbacks ever again

This is the most truthful thing in this goddamn thread. gently caress.

Still bitter over being a fumbled Rivers snap away from the playoffs.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think the Colts' uniforms are iconic enough to put them in the same category as the Raiders, Cowboys, Packers and Bears where you shouldn't be allowed to change them, other than very minor tweaks. The design has been pretty consistent ever since the 1950s and with good reason.

My no-change list would probably just be Browns, Raiders, Steelers, Packers. Chiefs probably. I'd actually like to see changes to the Cowboys and maybe a few changes to the Packers depending on what they were.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

NattyBo posted:

Oh cool, so presumably we'll at least see the new shirts by/on April 26th

I think the only changes you'll see when Andrew Luck takes the stage is a Nike swoosh and maybe going back to the NFL shield instead of NFL Players Equipment in the collar. Gloves are probably the most outlandish thing.

haccess
May 29, 2003
From NFL's twitter: "nfl NFL
Showed u the Vapor Gloves earlier.. here's what the '12 #ProBowlers'll have on their feet 2nite (via @usnikefootball) pic.twitter.com/6RWL7Cbr"

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

Came to post that. They're all the same design with team-appropriate colorways. Meh.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Denver and Chicago is the exact same thing with the blue and orange swapped

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Vikings, Chiefs and Cardinals are loving train wrecks.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rap posted:

Vikings, Chiefs and Cardinals are loving train wrecks.

Oh god, I didn't pay much attention to all of them until you said this. What were they thinking with the Vikings and Chiefs ones, those are ugly as sin.

Vaya con Dios!!!
Aug 14, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't really follow college football closely enough to see how 'out there' Nike gets with uniforms, but the Niners' pants had better stay gold. :colbert:

the 49ers have literally the best uniform in the NFL (I'm a homer but whatever) and they'd better not gently caress with it like they did in the 90s

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
What lovely shoes.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

how do you decide that black is the primary color of the minnesota vikings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Falcons: Red with black
Cardinals: Black with red.

• Locked thread