Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandon
Sep 11, 2001
Zippo
Panthers made it official, there's a new logotype as well

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-introduce-refined-logo/22b44075-6ab5-477d-ac6d-7d29733deea0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Personally, I love it, though I mourn the passing of the XTREME 90's script.

haccess
May 29, 2003

RumbleFish posted:

Personally, I love it, though I mourn the passing of the XTREME 90's script.
Can't really say I'll miss anything about that old font.

The new style is better in every way.

haccess fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 30, 2012

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

the 49ers have literally the best uniform in the NFL (I'm a homer but whatever) and they'd better not gently caress with it like they did in the 90s

Agreed. I love the poo poo out of the 49ers uniforms.

Please bring back the kelly green, Eagles. :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

New qb.

New era.

new logo

*curtains draws back to reveal a giant cock*

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The new logo looks like the old logo was stung by bees a lot

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
is that a .gif I'm downloading or the source code to Windows 95.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just fine with all this stuff they're doing, provided that they literally do not change a single loving thing on the Packers uniforms.

Perfection is not to be hosed with. :colbert:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

haccess posted:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

New qb.

New era.

new logo

*curtains draws back to reveal a giant cock*

*camera pans up to Cam's smiling face*

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Retromancer posted:

how do you decide that black is the primary color of the minnesota vikings?

Because it's better than the alternative.

That said, I'm a Packer fan, and it's not like they're going to really gently caress with those unis - the more dark green on gold, the better. If I was a fan of another team that was about to be altered I'd be not so happy.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I see that there. posted:

Because it's better than the alternative.

That said, I'm a Packer fan, and it's not like they're going to really gently caress with those unis - the more dark green on gold, the better. If I was a fan of another team that was about to be altered I'd be not so happy.

Embrace change you old codgers, drat.

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey

The Titans, once again, look like a Kotex Box.

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
All black Ravens uniform is the best uniform. poo poo it even looked good with the pink for breast cancer awareness.

So yeah... don't gently caress up the all blacks Nike.

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Schwack posted:

Embrace change you old codgers, drat.

Raiders and Giants agree with Nike on new tribal paisley design.

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey
There are some teams that shouldn't accent themselves for breast cancer awareness just because the colors are ghastly together.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

mmmjstone posted:

There are some teams that shouldn't accent themselves for breast cancer awareness just because the colors are ghastly together.

Or they should go all the way and wear giant pink outfits.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

No joke I'd wear the poo poo out of these for intramurals

Also if you don't want the Chargers wearing powder blue exclusively then gently caress You.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 30, 2012

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mmmjstone posted:

Browns might have been the worst, but then I didn't see the Rams or Seahawks or 49ers or Packers or Redskins or many other teams that probably looked awful.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mmmjstone posted:

That'd be all of them but because Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a corporate scam.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
oh they changed the stylesheet back to neutral for LF huh?

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey

Rap posted:

Browns might have been the worst, but then I didn't see the Rams or Seahawks or 49ers or Packers or Redskins or many other teams that probably looked awful.

Pittsburgh is the one that always gets me; yellow and pink are NOT GOOD.

I'm not going to get into it with the breast cancer thing, but the Komen Foundation actually does research. I lost a close friend to breast cancer and even I think these outfits are atrocious.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

mmmjstone posted:

Pittsburgh is the one that always gets me; yellow and pink are NOT GOOD.
Look who hatin on my bapes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know it's perspective, but all I see is a panther with a lazy eye.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I see that there. posted:

Raiders and Giants agree with Nike on new tribal paisley design.

And it would own. Change is good.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

haccess posted:

Why does only one of the A's have 3 tick marks on it? That is just going to annoy the hell out of me every time I see it.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

HappyHelmet posted:

Why does only one of the A's have 3 tick marks on it? That is just going to annoy the hell out of me every time I see it.

The Panther scratched it because he's scary and mean.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Schwack posted:

The Panther scratched it because he's scary and mean.

Little known fact: Panthers HATE the letter A.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shyguy posted:

Jersey and pant colors of the same primary color (not counting white :hitler:) need to be banished forever. I'm looking at you, New Orleans.

Black uniform, black pants, white socks. Michael Jackson wants his wardrobe back.

The black jersey with the gold pants is about 8 billion times better than this.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Democrazy posted:

Little known fact: Panthers HATE the letter A.

Lesser known fact: They only hate 1 out of 3 A's, the other two they're pretty ok with.

Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl
The Panthers suck and you guys can just deal with it but Cam Newton probably has a medium-sized/average penis and just because he's black doesn't mean it's huge that's loving racist what about all the black guys with small or generally unsatisfying in another way penises huh? You can't just explain them away you loving racistsss

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sleepy Beef posted:

The Panthers suck and you guys can just deal with it but Cam Newton probably has a medium-sized/average penis and just because he's black doesn't mean it's huge that's loving racist what about all the black guys with small or generally unsatisfying in another way penises huh? You can't just explain them away you loving racistsss

The fact that he's six foot 15 and could comfortably cage a full grown macaw in his hands kind of hints otherwise.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

The new logo looks like the old logo was stung by bees a lot

Have to agree. My first reaction to seeing it was "It looks like someone took the old logo and waffled it in the right eye with a tire iron".
It's not awful, I guess, it certainly could be worse, but I'll have to see what they do with the jersey & how it looks on whatever they decide to do with the helmet before passing final judgment. Right now it's a tentative "OK" with a definitive "goddamnit every piece of Panther merchandise I own is now obsolete".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GD_American posted:

OK those were pretty slick. Those are alternates and not just away jerseys, right?

VV Aw man :(

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 30, 2012

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

C-Euro posted:

OK those were pretty slick. Those are alternates and not just away jerseys, right?

Those are imaginary, I'm pretty sure, made by somebody on a Saints forum or something. But they would be freakin baller irl

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

C-Euro posted:

You see that uniform all the time in the PFL (photoshop football league)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It's about drat time the Panthers escaped the 90's.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

While they better not actually replace the regular on-field jerseys (they won't...ever), I'd like to see what they can come up with for fun alternate Raiders jerseys. We already have the best goddamn uniforms in the league and the most amazing throwbacks ever.

I have this jersey in real life go ahead and be jealous.

So yeah even taking into account how most of the "Lights Out" jerseys look like poo poo they couldn't even manage to gently caress up Oakland's.

Being that it seems hard to take the Raiders colors and make a terrible looking uniform, I'm interested to see what they can create.

I dont like the black on black. The only thing I would change is to make the silver darker. I like the dark metallic the bucs wear, and u think it would own as raiders away uniforms, but it's been ruined because bucs.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I love football. I love my Panthers over my hometown Titans. I love the new logo. That being said, the Nashville Predators do big bad cats so much better.

They radically changed their colors after 10 or so years. So, Titans, do you hear that? loving change your stupid flaming T, and your lovely colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJustice
Sep 7, 2006

UNTOPPSABLE

defiantgiant posted:

If Nike doesn't touch the Bears' uniforms at all, I'll be happy about the job they're doing. If they throw away the jack-o-lantern orange alternates, I will love them forever.

Seriously, other than getting rid of the orange jerseys, there's just no way to improve on this:

I like the white shoes with those uniform colors :c00lbert:

• Locked thread