Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

the 49ers have literally the best uniform in the NFL (I'm a homer but whatever) and they'd better not gently caress with it like they did in the 90s
I really hope they keep the Red/White (gold pants) jerseys that they've been using the last few years. The '96-'08 red facemasks and the black accent on helemt stripe were just so 'bleh'. Get that black our of here, outside of the current logo accent, at least.

Red, white, gold. Done.

Bringing back this guy is acceptable as well:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams should go back to the old blue and yellow combination, gently caress gold.

As a Rams guy I'm okay with this. Nothing washes away the stench of a decade of mediocrity like going back to what you were wearing when you won the Superbowl.

RE: The 49er jerseys, I'm definitely glad the useless black accents are gone, but I LIKED the red facemask :colbert:

I kind of wish the Titans would go back to the Oiler color scheme. Preferably, the one in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc&feature=related More teams in the NFL need to use Light Blue as a primary color.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

der juicen posted:

I love football. I love my Panthers over my hometown Titans. I love the new logo. That being said, the Nashville Predators do big bad cats so much better.

They radically changed their colors after 10 or so years. So, Titans, do you hear that? loving change your stupid flaming T, and your lovely colors.
Yeah, the Titans have hands-down the worst logo in the NFL (with the Texans a distant second.) It's just so complicated and busy, with the sword-looking letter T, the stars, the circle around all that, and the flames coming off the circle. It's a crime that neither Tennessee nor Houston is using the old Oilers logo. The Titans' throwback Oiler uniforms in '09 were some of the best uniforms I've seen in a long time. I mean, look at these things:

Those rule, why would you not just wear those all the time?

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey
I like having Tennessee logos that include the three stars (I've been trying to find a predators hat with the guitar pick logo), but I would like it if they dropped the flames from the Titans logo.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

mmmjstone posted:

I like having Tennessee logos that include the three stars (I've been trying to find a predators hat with the guitar pick logo), but I would like it if they dropped the flames from the Titans logo.

Preds just have one of the best logo/color palettes out there. I love them having a piano key on the inside of the neck of the jersey. A better question is why hockey in general has much better color/logo action going on. Hockey jerseys and throwbacks own much more than the NFL counterparts. This coming from a long time NFL fan and newly adopted NHL fan.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
The Seahawks shoes are different than their current colours, the green isn't a neon, it's darker and the blue is more blue. The gloves are in their normal colours so who the gently caress knows.

Bring back the silver uniforms.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Burn these uniforms, even though it's only once a year it's still two times too many to wear them :colbert:

Also I think the Texans logo is cool so shut up :mad:

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Dragongem posted:

I said a distant second, right? :v:

Seriously, I don't hate the Texans' logo or anything, it's just not my favorite. The Titans' logo, however, is objectively terrible.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

jordjevic posted:

As a Rams guy I'm okay with this. Nothing washes away the stench of a decade of mediocrity like going back to what you were wearing when you won the Superbowl.

RE: The 49er jerseys, I'm definitely glad the useless black accents are gone, but I LIKED the red facemask :colbert:

I kind of wish the Titans would go back to the Oiler color scheme. Preferably, the one in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc&feature=related More teams in the NFL need to use Light Blue as a primary color.

These, wear these.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

defiantgiant posted:

I said a distant second, right? :v:

Seriously, I don't hate the Texans' logo or anything, it's just not my favorite. The Titans' logo, however, is objectively terrible.

In any universe in which the "new" Falcons logo exists, no one else can be second behind the Titans.

Go back to the old falcon goddamn it.

(Also I like the Texans logo)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Declan MacManus posted:

The new logo looks like the old logo was stung by bees a lot

Stung in the eye while putting on blue lipstick, apparently.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

The red, white and blue color scheme is so loving tired, I'd welcome another early '90s teal trend.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

der juicen posted:

I love football. I love my Panthers over my hometown Titans. I love the new logo. That being said, the Nashville Predators do big bad cats so much better.

They radically changed their colors after 10 or so years. So, Titans, do you hear that? loving change your stupid flaming T, and your lovely colors.

Their early uniforms reminded me of the unpleasantness of opening a diaper. Thank God they changed it.

Also, I used to hate the red/black Falcons uniforms, but I guess years of the boring black/black stuff made me appreciate it. They look really sharp now.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

defiantgiant posted:

It's a crime that neither Tennessee nor Houston is using the old Oilers logo. The Titans' throwback Oiler uniforms in '09 were some of the best uniforms I've seen in a long time. ... Those rule, why would you not just wear those all the time?

The Titans only have/had them as AFL throwbacks, and the Texans can't do anything related to the Oilers because the Great Satan wouldn't let Houson keep the rights to the name and team history when they left.

Edit: I'd like to see the Texans try out their red alternate jersey with the normal blue pants. I think it would look better with the helmet than the ketchup bottle all-red.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 31, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish the Ravens would wear throwbacks when they play Cleveland

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SteelAngel2000 posted:

They don't have any throwbacks. The Ravens' history dates back to 1995. Cleveland retained the history before then. :colbert:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyguy posted:

I know it's perspective, but all I see is a panther with a lazy eye.

oldskool posted:

Have to agree. My first reaction to seeing it was "It looks like someone took the old logo and waffled it in the right eye with a tire iron".
It's not awful, I guess, it certainly could be worse, but I'll have to see what they do with the jersey & how it looks on whatever they decide to do with the helmet before passing final judgment. Right now it's a tentative "OK" with a definitive "goddamnit every piece of Panther merchandise I own is now obsolete".

I see the new Panther raising its right eyebrow quizzically, and I cant un-see it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Hockles posted:

They don't have any throwbacks. The Ravens' history dates back to 1995. Cleveland retained the history before then. :colbert:

They have the Colts' trophies, so technically...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

That year was so filled with delicious football hatred. Anyone not around both football and the internet at the time missed a golden era of fan psychosis.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

These, wear these.

Yeah, exactly. Just with white numbers and letters. Like the Packers.

(Yikes could you imagine if the Packers changed from Yellow to Gold)

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Mickey McKey posted:

I see the new Panther raising its right eyebrow quizzically, and I cant un-see it.

he's watching cam's pro bowl performance

nnnAdam
Jul 8, 2007

Strength in Numbers

Dragongem posted:

Burn these uniforms, even though it's only once a year it's still two times too many to wear them :colbert:

Battle Red is pretty cool.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

jordjevic posted:

Yeah, exactly. Just with white numbers and letters. Like the Packers.

(Yikes could you imagine if the Packers changed from Yellow to Gold)

This actually almost happened

http://chancemichaels.tripod.com/packers_index.html

quote:

There was a rumor Sunday the Packers would have a press conference concerning their uniforms colors during the week following the Eagle game. This, however, seemed certain: The Packers plan to change their uniforms next season, retaining the current dark green, but switching pants and helmets from the present yellow to metallic gold.

The Packers hope the changes will be approved by the NFL Properties by the beginning of next month so they can wear the new uniforms next season. Among other changes are the removal of stripes now on the helmet, jersey, and pants.

Packer President Bob Harlan told the Milwaukee Journal the gold was not the same as that worn by any other team and that it was selected by General Manager Ron Wolf and Coach Mike Holmgren. Harlan said the helmet would be switched from yellow to gold and have a large green "G" on each side and the jersey would have a smaller green "G" on each sleeve. The white numbers on the green home jerseys and the green numbers on the white road jerseys will also have a gold outline. The pants will be plain gold.

"Years and years ago, we wore a gold helmet and gold pants," Harlan said. "And I think that's what Ron wanted, a simpler uniform. They didn't want to look like New Orleans or the 49ers. They looked at different golds and picked out what they liked."

quote:

"I never liked the yellow color in the Packers scheme," Wolf said. "NFL books say it's 'green and gold' but anybody can see it's a Michigan kind of yellow, of maize, which didn't sit well with me.

"I put together a proposal to change Green Bay uniforms, replacing the yellow with a gold much like we see on Rams uniforms and helmets. There were some other changes but I wasn't messing with the "G' on Packers helmets.

"Everything was approved by the seven-member executive committee that operates the Packers. All I had to do was give the go-ahead.

"I repeatedly looked over drawings of the new Packers uniform, thinking I would soon be pulling the trigger on changes. But, after a little more thought, decided it just didn't fly. We needed to fix what was truly broken. What we really had to have was better people on the field."

thank goodness

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Almo posted:

thank goodness

Looks like Notre Dame

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Almo posted:

thank goodness

I think that looks quite a bit better actually. I know Packer fans would poo poo a brick because "tradition", but that is really not a bad combo. My only argument against it would be that there are too many other teams using gold right now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DariusLikewise posted:

These, wear these.

These are superior Rams unis and someone should adopt them.

Who cares if it is too close to the Colts.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

HappyHelmet posted:

I think that looks quite a bit better actually. I know Packer fans would poo poo a brick because "tradition", but that is really not a bad combo. My only argument against it would be that there are too many other teams using gold right now.

It's not terrible but the logos on the shoulders annoy the poo poo out of me. Logos should be limited to the helmet :colbert:

I'm always of the opinion that modern uniforms are rarely ever as good as their more traditional counterparts. The old Oilers jerseys are so awesome it's a shame they aren't used on a constant basis.

defiantgiant posted:

Those rule, why would you not just wear those all the time?

Fuckin' right. The Patriots throwbacks are awesome too :allears:

Almo fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 31, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can't be the only one that thinks all throwbacks suck. They are only fun for novelty value.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't be the only one that thinks all throwbacks suck. They are only fun for novelty value.

Not when the throwbacks are actually better than the new uniforms (seahawks)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The best throwbacks were those brown and yellow vertical striped Broncos socks. Doubly so for that guy who twisted them around like the Cape Hatteras lighthouse.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I'm kind of torn on the old Seahawks getup - the Blue and Green are the exact same level of brightness and the silver doesn't really help. It has its problems (that insanely specific shade of blue) but the thing I like about the modern Seahawks uni is at least the blue and green contrast each other. Maybe if they went for something like this?

(Apathetic Seahawk cracks me up, seriously what is with that eyeball)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

jordjevic posted:

I'm kind of torn on the old Seahawks getup - the Blue and Green are the exact same level of brightness and the silver doesn't really help. It has its problems (that insanely specific shade of blue) but the thing I like about the modern Seahawks uni is at least the blue and green contrast each other. Maybe if they went for something like this?

It's the perfect representation of Seattle sports.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Somebody mock up a Carolina Backpanthers logo

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really like the Cowboys throwbacks. Not a huge fan of the Patriots though, but it seems like everyone on here loves those ones.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

While they better not actually replace the regular on-field jerseys (they won't...ever), I'd like to see what they can come up with for fun alternate Raiders jerseys. We already have the best goddamn uniforms in the league and the most amazing throwbacks ever.

I have this jersey in real life go ahead and be jealous.

So yeah even taking into account how most of the "Lights Out" jerseys look like poo poo they couldn't even manage to gently caress up Oakland's.

Being that it seems hard to take the Raiders colors and make a terrible looking uniform, I'm interested to see what they can create.
That Seabass jersey is my dream one. Well if it had the proper number font :ssh:

That black on black one gets kind of hosed by white outlines to make the numbers more visible, just makes it look messy as a result.
Oh god.

Although I'm kind of liking the Minnesota LA Lakers right next to the Titans one which could pass for the Minneapolis Lakers.

Casao posted:

Lesser known fact: They only hate 1 out of 3 A's, the other two they're pretty ok with.
Well that's the closest A to the panther there.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Not when the throwbacks are actually better than the new uniforms (seahawks)

And Chargers. poo poo, I still say the powder blue is the best uniform in football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

And Chargers. poo poo, I still say the powder blue is the best uniform in football.

I'd be happy if they never wore the powder blues ever again.

I'd rather see the Fouts or Seau era uniforms. I miss the blue helmets.

:swoon:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

nnnAdam posted:

Battle Red is pretty cool.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish they would wear white pants with the jerseys again, the blue-red-red combination looks kind of amateurish.

quote:

Not a huge fan of the Patriots though, but it seems like everyone on here loves those ones.

I like the New England ones from a purely visual standpoint, I just think it's kind of weird to name your team the Patriots, steep them in Revolution mythology... and then give them red shirts.

I also think I'm the only person who likes the Seahawk mono-blue.

I like the two throwbacks the Eagles have worn in recent years, even if the 1933 ones look like a Crayola truck flipped over.

1933 (worn for one game in 2007:)

1960 (worn for the season opener in 2010:)

My roommate last year wanted to get one of those jerseys with QB EAGLES on the back, which I thought was a great idea and I'm kind of bummed he never went through with it.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 31, 2012

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

jordjevic posted:

It's supposed to represent the style of northwest native art, my dad collects pieces like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I'd be happy if they never wore the powder blues ever again.

I'd rather see the Fouts or Seau era uniforms. I miss the blue helmets.

:swoon:

I hate that the Chargers don't actually wear throw backs just powder blue alternatives. I Want the numbers on the helmet and the old fonts. Also the Seau era jerseys I always liked, they just seemed more down to business lightning bolt. Not 3 tone and huge white block around the shoulder bolts.

• Locked thread