Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
You can get a set of bags to keep everything neat and not flapping in the breeze:

Side view from the same trip:

In the tail pack is a 3-person cabela's tent, eureka sleeping bag, ether-compact6 sleeping pad and a tarp for a ground cloth.

The saddle bags have 4 days of clothes on one side and an extra pair of sneakers, a netbook plus a few paperbacks on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

n8r posted:

Soggy looking ground/wet plastic picture.

Words

It's pricey but for it's size and weight I bought the Cabela's XPG "ultralight" tent

The selling points for me were:
It rolled up small enough to fit inside the tailpack of my cortech sportbag, and had enough room for an extra tarp, and my sleeping bag.

I bought it to go to the MotoGP races and it survived the last vestiges of hurricane Ike as it rolled through, it was still standing when i got back, and nothing inside was wet.

Weighs less than 7 pounds(though not by much)

Oh and I bought the 3 person setup(and it all still fits).

• Locked thread