Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Aw hell ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
In a bad way or like drat this comic is wild way? Cause I have enjoyed it and just got the second compendium to read and was gonna read it soon!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
I think one should read blacksad in order, there is character development and things that reference other things. Also the like ha ha ending of the first and the intro makes more sense up front than somewhat later.

Blacksad is great

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Madkal posted:

Definitely not a comic at all but Confederacy of Dunces is a very famous book about New Orleans and also worth checking out if you want to read something with local flavour about the city.

It’s so dang good

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
^^^ on my to read list cause I loved Laila Starr, glad you recommend!

Happy Landfill posted:

I have to pop in and brag about my friend and her bf winning 3rd in the Saga costume contest this month :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Lying

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Heavy Metal posted:

It's a ramble. Let me ask you this Jedit. We both like say Discworld, 2000AD, and posting on SA. Why be insulting to another fine poster? Like I mentioned, I just read and enjoyed many pages of posts here, I didn't insult any of them, if I found somebody's ramble too long or unrelatable or something I didn't feel a need to tell them such. It's just fodder to work with or not work with, be nice.

Also, I've been cooped up from COVID for a week, and I'm thinking about the many possibilities of comics, call me crazy. And I'm articulating some trends I've seen across the many many Image titles etc, not that every title is like that. There are of course successful books in different styles too. But I think what's funny, is the idea is to get more people throwing out their takes and rambles I guess is my idea, like we see in Marvel/DC in a way. The main mode ideally not being to see a post and say hey it's boring and dumb, that's not really the point. Throw out your own wild rambles too, that's a challenge.

you're writing like the sea lion

huh weird i read your posts and like them cause we like the same things, why mean to me? can't we be cordial, i'm just pontificating

Comics are the best they've ever been cause it's not just white dudes writing them and there's a plethora of options to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Wanderer posted:

Emerald City Comic Con was last weekend, and Kieron Gillen was there to announce his next project, The Power Fantasy, with Caspar Wjingaard on art.

I interviewed Gillen about it, and after my first option fell through, published the piece on Hard Drive's non-satirical subsite Minus World. Take a look:

https://hard-drive.net/news-games/kieron-gillen-talks-floating-spliffs-superhero-power-creep-and-his-new-comic-the-power-fantasy/

This is cool, thank you for sharing

I love wicked and divine but have bounced on his other stuff since. This new one seems up my alley!