Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Saga reminds me somewhat of a webcomic I read 5 years ago. It also features a character with a tv head. The main character is a little guy with just a head and a body. Does anyone remember the name of that webcomic? I can't seem to Google it up.

E: I found it and it is called rice boy. Am I alone in seeing the rice boy influence in Saga?

Office Sheep fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Fairly sure you are since they are pretty different. Saying they are similar because of the TV heads is like saying Gunnerkrigg Court is similar to X-Men just because most of the action happens in a school.

You might be right. I probably am seeing a connection where there is none because of the TV heads and the unique fantasy setting.

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Yeah, Saga seems extremely good so far. I was not expecting much because I was very lukewarm about you the last man but it has really blown me away. I lent them to some married friends of mine and they were so impressed that they started thief first pick list at our comic store. Their list only contains saga so far.

Office Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 21, 2012

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
I'm really enjoying Jeff Lemire's run on Animal Man which prompted me to start working through Sweet Tooth. The previews I've found for The Underwater Welder make it seem like the kind of thing I'd really like. I didn't realize the book was set in Nova Scotia. That explains why he is doing a signing in Halifax in August. I will have to grab this book before I go.

Office Sheep fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 25, 2012

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007

Len posted:

Read Saga.

Edit: Let's put some :words: in here. It's by Brian K. Vaughan and so far is quite good. It's only on issue 4 I think so there's not a lot to track down.

I have been lending saga to friends who only bought trade paperbacks before. For three of them it is the first monthly comic they started buying. I realize that it is not to everybody's taste but it seems to be a dammed good gateway into the hobby. I really hope the quality keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007
Saga always has an very interesting first page. Getting each monthly off to a strong start seems to be one of it's best aspects. !lso i love the cover for this month's issue.