Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'd like to say after digging through all of the issues and reading them Locke and Key has to be one of my favorite series right now, people just pick it up the finally volume I believe starts in June. Very impressive big thanks to whoever recommended it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I keep seeing Glory mentioned here on the forums and was just wondering a good place to start, also whats the appeal? Isn't she the sister of Supreme?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Does anyone here read Locke and Key? I just got caught up to issue 3 of Omega and I'd love to hear some theories on What the new key does . I was just wondering how many people read this book it's one of my favorites and the series is coming to a end now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I am going to give Sex a few more issues, but honestly may drop it just because of the HIGHLIGHTED words IN sentences. It drives me loving crazy it's so annoying to read my brain automatically just goes to the words.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I keep seeing Skullkickers recommended where's a good place to start?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I somehow missed The Ubrella Academy which to me is just bizzare, how did I about this just like now? And from someone who said it was their first comic. I blame you guys, I totally blame you guys.

Locke and Key is finishing in the next 2 months and I am rereading the series, it sucks but man I wish this had gotten the television treatment on some place like AMC. :(. Has anyone seen the Pilot?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Adam Strange posted:

Ooh, did anyone else pick up the new Rucka/Lark book? The first page almost put me to sleep but the rest is solid + kinda cool, if not hugely exciting.

Do you mean Lazarus? The same team that I believe was on Gotham Central? Yes, yes I did and it was fantastic.

I'll tell you what's amazing. Prophet 36 holy shitballs, just such amazing art and science mumbo jumbo writing. I really am in love with Prophet.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I find Prophet and Glory really interesting as it's just a owner going, Yeah go nuts here and it's the same thing he did with Supreme telling Alan Moore to go nuts with it.

People complain about Liefield but that's kind of awesome. I mean these books very very vaguely have the same quasi characters in them but the tone writing art is so different that it's basically just another character entirely. They're the character in concept only. Prophet has some of the returning characters but even then very different characters.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

ODY-C by Fraction and Ward sounds pretty cool so I'm excited to see what that looks like.

Also, I wonder what Millar means when he says a “Marvel Universe for the 21st Century,”. I mean it's not like there isn't a Marvel universe in the 21st Century, maybe he's going to do a crossover of all his Millar World books.

All the heros will get together for a event called Crisis of the Infinite Rapes. Millar is the worst and the only reason I pick up Jupitor's Legacy is Frank Quitely.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really loving loved the hell out of Sex Criminals, it to me felt more on point than the other stuff he's been writing other than Hawkeye. I don't know two people discover that they both have the ability to stop time when they have sex and decide to rob banks/ commit crimes is a loving brilliant hook.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, I've been reading it since the beginning. It really is a great story and spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Finally got caught up and managed to finish Locke and Keye, I thought it ended very satisfyingly. I am still kind of mulling it over and all but the question I have is So is the spell broken? Does the mom and adults know what happened there now?