Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dacap posted:

So what are everyone's thoughts on the first issue of Saga?

I thought it was interesting. I'm gonna stick around to see where it goes for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

^burtle posted:

Star Wars meets Game of Thrones? Did we read the same comic?

Supposedly the overall feel of it is going to be that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hakkesshu posted:

Just noticed The Fall of Cthulhu from Boom! on Comixology. Anyone know if it's any good? I'd like to read some (actual) Lovecraftian comics.

It's not terrible but it's not super good either. I got it from the library and read it but didn't feel strongly either way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I miss the robo thread. If I had archives I would steal the old one and make a new one. But I don't know enough to write a good op.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Saoshyant posted:

Give me your email and a link to the thread, and I'll email you its contents. You'll have to shape up to make a kickass OP, though. The comic deserves it.

jzurcher at kent.edu I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I can't make any promises of the OP it deserves but worst case it can shape up as the thread grows right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I wonder if Kickstarter and the inevitable websites like it might finally be something that gives us the push into a surge of new creator owned content. It's obvious that you can raise obscene amounts of money is a short time if you're even halfway decent at social networking.

You mean something like this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bairfanx posted:

You mean the one that was linked just 3 posts above yours? :)

Apparently yeah. Totally missed that link. :downs:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'd like to pledge to the thing but being unemployed means I can't. I like the thought but never making it outside of kickstarter is a bit of shame in a way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

aude omnia posted:

I've mostly read maxi-series like Ex Machina, Y, Preacher, some of Fables, The Walking Dead, Doom Patrol, Planetary, etc. I guess I ought to look at this thread- I've caught up with BPRD after years out of the loop and now I need more comics. :(

(I realize this isn't the recommendations thread, mostly I just wondered if many people keep up with BPRD here, and regardless, what is being printed that's worth looking into.)

Read Saga.

Edit: Let's put some :words: in here. It's by Brian K. Vaughan and so far is quite good. It's only on issue 4 I think so there's not a lot to track down.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did anyone else think both Incorruptible and Irredeemable kind of fizzled at the end? I finally got around to reading the last issues of each and it just kind of fell flat for me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How long is Saga going to be on break for? It's one of the few singles I buy and I want more of it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Threep posted:

Vaughan said in the letters column of #6 that it's back in November

I honestly didn't even thing to look there. I've just skipped all those words :doh:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did Locke & Key end or is there still more on the way?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did Sullivans Sluggers ever come out? It sounded like it would be good but I didn't have any money for it when the kickstarter was out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

xK1 posted:

It's on Comixology now, but the print version hasn't shipped yet.

Is it worth $15?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has anyone said if Stokoe is going to do more Godzilla after Half Century war is done? I want to see him draw more fighting monsters.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has Hellboy in Hell started yet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waterhaul posted:

Saga was out again this week. It's still pretty great.

Fiona Staples draws crazy blind mole people and the book has finally hit the "all stories are starting to converge" point.

I was lucky. Diamond managed to short my store copies of Saga and I was one of the few to get one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is the 5th Godzilla Half Century War still supposed to come out tomorrow? All I can find is some old rear end post telling me February 20th is the ship date.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

friendo55 posted:

Saga #10 may be my favorite and most emotional :cry: chapter of the series so far. This has yet to disappoint - amazing in every aspect.

I came here just to post about it. Spoilers for Saga 10 Poor lying cat :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Waterhaul posted:

Stokoe took a break from doing Orc Stain to do Godzilla: Half Century War. Orc Stain is going back to it's usual sporadic schedule now though.

Godzilla is what turned me on to Stokoe. From there I caught up on Orc Stain and read Sullivan's Sluggers. That guy can draw gorgeous things.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SomeJazzyRat posted:

If anyone still cares, it's said that it'll be released by the end of the month. Apparently no guarantees, but it's good to know it hasn't flown over all of our heads.

I do still care! I want to give Stokoe more of my money just by his art alone.

I finally got to read this weeks saga and I'm pretty glad that lying cat didn't die.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I started a reread of Locke & Key recently and just found out there was a card game made for it. Is it decent or just a garbage tie in?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone tell me that Stokoe is going to be making more Godzilla in the future.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone please tell me this isn't an April fools joke. I have a complete set of these cards.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My local shop had a table set up for two local guys who are starting their own comic. It's called Cowboy Mummy. I picked up what served as the first issue and all their shorts today because it's supporting a local guy and why not. All of the stuff they've put out is available free on their website. It's not too terrible. You can definitely tell that it's a beginner work. The dialogue isn't bad but I feel it needs some work and the art isn't bad but could probably use some refining. It kind of feels like he's trying to channel Atomic Robo with it and falling just a little short. Figured I'd post it here because why not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I finally got around to reading Sweet Tooth. Holy gently caress this series I should have read it sooner.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there going to be more Beasts of Burden someday?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

7744 posted:

Yeah, Locke and Key is one of my real favorites. I just hope he can break from his dad's style in regards to ending his stuff.

I'm kind of worried about that. It seems like there's more that needs wrapped up than he has issues left.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LordPants posted:

edit: Also, is Fatale as great as it looks? And where is the best starting point? The beginning?

I just powered through 1-14 over the weekend and it's really loving good.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why was King City only 12 issues? I finished it and want to read more damnit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I skipped it during the sale Comixology had because it looked like something I might want in a physical TPB. It's definitely on my to-read list. :)

I read King City a couple weeks ago knowing absolutely nothing about it. I didn't know what genre it was or the basic plot or anything I just grabbed it because of how often I see "Read King City" posted. Holy poo poo it was amazing. Some bits of it I was like "huh this isn't a thing I'm enjoying" but overall I enjoyed the hell out of it. I didn't want to send it back to the library. My favorite bit was at the end though (serious end spoilers) when the guy was just like "There's always some world ending threat you'll catch the next one. Worry about your people." then they fist bumped. Dude knew where it was at.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The Massive #15 is a stunning comic. I have no idea where all of this is going but Brian Wood just altered the entire tone of the story in the best way. Garry Brown's art (with Jordie Bellaire's coloring) is powerful stuff. There are several instances of character expressions with emotions that just explode off the page. Please tell me there's someone else out there reading this! You are my Massive.

I read the first trade. I liked what I've read of it but I'm trade waiting for it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What exactly makes the Darkhorse app so bad? I want to get The Massive but hear nothing but bad about their app.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So how is Dinosaurs Attack? I've loved the cards ever since I got a box of them at a garage sale years ago and was going to grab the comics yesterday but they didn't have issue 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gavok posted:

Haha, welp! I am officially done with Invincible. I put up with a lot in the last couple years, but I think Invincirape is the last straw.

I think I stopped reading around the ecowarrior trex. Things have clearly gone even more downhill since then.