Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
I gave up Scumbag after the first issue. Whoever said edgelord is right. The book just wants to shout at the reader what a loving awful arsehole the protagonist is over and over again to the point that each panel just felt like a giant "gently caress you" being shouted in my ear.
Picked up the first issue of Manic of New York due to being recommended here and enjoyed it quite a bit. Tried to get issue two but it was sold out but my LCBS is getting more in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib

site posted:

They aren't new but I've been following Karmen and maniac of new york

How is Karmen. I paged through and liked the artwork, but am a bit hesitant on first time writer and figured to trade wait and see some reviews.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I dug the new Black Hammer series that kicked off today.

Lemire also announced this new collab with Andrea Sorrentino which as usual sounds like my jam:

https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/1407777108517138434

Gideon Falls was a bit too loose for me storywise but I will check out the new book. I generally enjoy Lemire's stuff

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib

side_burned posted:

McFarlen killing Angela to spite Giamen will always make me laugh.

Gaiman selling Angela to Marvel for a buck will always make me laugh

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib

Sacrament is sort of Exorcist meets Alien and I dig that.

This already exists in movie form. It's called Event Horizon.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
I noticed that the local Dollarama got a bunch of Lion Forge trades in (they get random graphic novels from all over). Any titles worth checking out?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
I bought Do a powerbomb for a buddy of mine as he is a big wrestling fan and I figured he would enjoy it. I haven't given it to him yet but I did read it first and now I am considering getting another copy just for me. It is such a great comic and the action sequences are some of the best I have seen in comics in a long time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
Tokyo Ghosts is pure cyberpunk fun. I would say it's worth checking out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
I know that there are more publishers outside of the big two and there are more indie publishers outside of Image and Dark Horse and Boom so any recommendations for titles from stuff like Avatar, Black Mask, Aftershock etc?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
Definitely not a comic at all but Confederacy of Dunces is a very famous book about New Orleans and also worth checking out if you want to read something with local flavour about the city.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib
I found 2 volumes Four Eyes by Kelly at a second hand store and liking his I Kill Giants I picked them up. I expected it to be a limited series like I Kill Giants but I see it is an ongoing which wouldn't be a problem as it was building an interesting world and I was curious to see where it would go. Then....it just stops. There are only two volumes and everywhere I look online it says "ongoing" but nothing about any issues outside of the first two volumes. I am extremely annoyed at Four Eyes right now. I guess it means that the title was just abandoned and will never be finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
Fallen Rib

Ah yes, the random disappearing indie comic. I'm still waiting for the next issue of Nowhere Men, and don't even get folks started about Uber.

Oh yea I picked up the first trade of Nowhere Men ages ago and as soon as I heard there was no more trades/issues I kind of forgot about it then. Then a few years ago there was some hype about new issues and whelp that didn't last long.
Now that I think about it did Aaron's Southern Bastards ever conclude? I remember liking the first few trades of that but I don't remember if it ever concluded