Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Oh man, I didn't know Trautmann was on red sonja...time to pick it up.

Also, Glory has been a fun book, and it does seem to have some good room to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Darth Nat posted:

Image is really hitting on all cylinders in general these days. Ain't no shame in liking an Image book.

Image is amazing right now. Prophet, Glory, Spaceman, Hickman books, Fatale, upcoming Morrison book, Saga, plenty of other poo poo I missed. Everything I read from Eric Stephenson makes me feel confident about the brand.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, it slipped my mind.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/02/28/grant-morrison-image-comics-happy-icon-vertigo-career/

With a cool piece by d00gz.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
The final page of the latest issue of Glory is beautiful. This book seems like it's about to get crazy.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
I never read any of the original Glory, and I feel the current revamp has a decent pacing that is building up to some pretty epic shifts and character moments, and the art is great. Glory is this humongous woman that is drawn like a dynamic brick shithouse as convincingly as possible. This last issue just ended on a pretty awesome "oohh poo poo, it's on" moment, and we have had glimpses of the future in the book, so I'm pretty pumped to see it unfold.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
I cannot wait for our universe Einstein to show up with other universe tech to wreak havok over his counterpart.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
With some comic books I wish they didn't have a direct numbering system. Graham is only doing 12 issues of Prophet, so the whole thing should just be 1-12 with book title and arc title part X on the cover. Next team on the book, same treatment. Because of numbering on big two books, readers seem compelled to track down those #1's of recent reboots or low numbered books, or else they feel they are missing key elements of the story when they should just be focused on arcs.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Ah, yeah, I was just assuming Graham was only doing 12 issues because he said initially it was 6, but then he got extra art talent to push it to 12. I'd definitely enjoy more than a year of this quality, though.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
MP is a great book, but that art is doing everything possible to bring it down a bit. I do like that Hickman is standing behind his boy, though. That is really cool in what sounds like a shameless rear end industry if you pay too much attention to the big two, especially DC.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
It's cool that you guys like the art, and I'm not arguing, but I just find it lacking in storytelling when it comes to layouts. There are also some weird things done with people's bodies or facial symmetry, and the large panels that are meant to show a large amount of detail end up being very repetitive, if that makes sense. Also, he really needs to vary the line thickness because it would better suit his style.

For example, in the latest issue when the scientists are sitting around the table considering their options, the whole page just seems awkward for storytelling. You don't get any cohesive sense that these people are sitting around speaking to each other.

The previous two pages were great to see some cool Hickman design, though. I can't wait for his psychologist book when he returns to art and writing duties.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Dragonshirt posted:

So I picked up the entire new run of Prophet. The first few issues were spectacular, then the art became really bad and the story is kind of losing me (but I'm afraid that may just be a side effect of the lovely anime-lite art). Does anyone know if Graham plans on assuming the art duties again any time soon?

Graham's art is amazing. It may not be for everyone, but to think it is lovely is completely ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Adam Strange posted:

I have no idea about release dates but I was listening to Inkstuds on the radio like 2 weeks ago because Brandon Graham was on and James Stokoe's wife (who is also a cartoonist) was there too. She said he was in "lockdown" or something to that effect so it looks like he's hard at work.

Speaking of Stokoe, have you guys seen how this cat draws? It might be the best/most hosed up thing ever.

Ugh, drat it. He's incredibly weak and has horrific art posture. That always really worries me about artists' futures. Like Quitely, didn't he recently have back problems that took him out for awhile?