Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

al-azad posted:

I picked up that Popeye comic having loved the cartoons but never actually reading any of E.C. Segar's stuff. Holy poo poo, Popeye and crew are douchebags.
I haven't seen this comic yet, but that all sounds pretty close to Segar's comic strips! Who are the artist(s)/writer(s) in this venture? I hope they can keep up the good work -- of the current comic strips, the Sundays are utterly dire and the (recycled) dailies are pretty tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Action Jacktion posted:

Alan Moore basically rebooted Glory already in the 1990s, but only a few issues were published.
Really? Oh goody, more new old stock Moore to track down! :dance:

quote:

I don't think anyone has mentioned that Supreme has been restarted too. They finally printed Alan Moore's long-lost last issue,
Do you mean the last issue that was published way back then (the Jack Kirby tribute), or the storyline that was under way when the title was cancelled (the Supremacy vs. Daxia götterdammerung)? If the former, great, it'll be nice to see again. If the latter...well, I'm not terribly fond of that kind of cast of thousands all bashing each other story, so it depends on how much awesome Moore-ness there is versus how much not-so-Awesome Comics-ness.

quote:

and then the next issue brings back the original Supreme from the early 1990s, who depowers and/or kills of all of Moore's characters. I think I would've preferred for the series to be rebooted with little to no connection to the past, like the others.
My gut reaction is "How crass!" On further reflection, since Moore's added characters were part and parcel of his extended hommage to Silver Age Superman zaniness, I guess it makes sense that a new team taking the character in a new direction would discard the artifacts of the old regime. Mind, I didn't give a crap about Supreme before Moore worked his pagan magicks on it, and I'm unlikely to give a crap about it now.