Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Madkal posted:

Oh yea I picked up the first trade of Nowhere Men ages ago and as soon as I heard there was no more trades/issues I kind of forgot about it then. Then a few years ago there was some hype about new issues and whelp that didn't last long.
Now that I think about it did Aaron's Southern Bastards ever conclude? I remember liking the first few trades of that but I don't remember if it ever concluded

It did not. I expect Jason Latour being accused of harassment by multiple women probably has something to do with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Strangfort posted:

Anyone picking up any new #1s today? I've been considering If You Find This I'm Already Dead, The Infernals, The Cabinet, and The Displaced. Probably can't fit more than one into my budget though and I have a hard time justifying the first one at that 7.99 price.

I liked If You Find This. It's pretty low concept for Kindt (nothing meta yet) but the story is off to an interesting start and the art is good.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Would have grabbed cabinet, but for some reason it seems all (some?) image digital releases were pushed to next week. Infernals, cabinet, and transformers were the ones I looked up and all have been pushed to the 21st.

As a follow up I didn't care for the Cabinet but Internals is off to an interesting start. Fun concept and I loved the art!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

A couple notable new books this week:

quote:

The bestselling creative duo of RICK REMENDER & BENGAL reteam for NAPALM LULLABY, an all-new, ongoing dystopian epic with a special double-length first issue! A child with unimaginable power is raised to believe he is God by a cult of zealots utterly confident in the moral authority of their religion. The Magnificent Leader has imposed his will on humanity and created the ultimate theocracy. Join them, or be cast out to suffer with the masses.

This one seemed pretty heavy-handed but it's not as annoying as the Scumbag so I'll give it a shot.

quote:

Helen of Wyndhorn: From the Eisner award-winning and bestselling creative team of Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow comes this Gothic sword and sorcery epic that's Conan the Barbarian meets The Wizard of Oz. Following the tragic death of her late father C.K. Cole, the esteemed pulp writer and creator of the popular warrior character Othan; Helen Cole is called back to her Grandfather's enormous and elustrious estate: Wyndhorn House. Scarred by Cole's untimely passing and lost in a new, strange world, Helen wreaks drunken havoc upon her arrival; however, her chaotic ways begin to soften as she discovers a lifetime of secrets hiding within the myriad rooms and hallways of the expansive manor. For outside its walls, within the woods, dwell the legendary adventures that once were locked away within her father's stories.

This one is off to an interesting start, and if nothing else the art is lovely.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

The new Dark Horse Ram V joint Dawnrunner starts off as basically Pacific Rim, which is fine as I love that poo poo. It does seem to be going off in a different direction, though, as the giant robot AI seems to have inhabited a human body somehow.

I'd recommend it!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

mutantIke posted:

Just binged Crossover. As a fan of self-indulgent meta House of Leaves/GM Animal Man/Matrix 4 bullshit I was thoroughly invested. One of the rare situations where a comic getting cut short by real-life circumstances actually makes it more narratively potent. Big fan of the sequence where Zdarsky commits selfcest. (Speaking of Zdarsky and inside-baseball comics that stopped suddenly, what happened to Public Domain? Is that still happening?)

Yeah, Crossover ended up being weirder and more enjoyable than expected with the Zdarsky stuff being a highlight.

Public Domain is between arcs. I think the new one is starting soon according to Chip's newsletter, which is recommend subscribing to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I'm not quite sure what's going on with Bear Pirate Viking Queen, but it sure is pretty! Recommended based on the art alone.