Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
Title: Atomic Robo
Publisher: Red 5 Comics
Brief description: A robot designed by Nikola Tesla with automatic intelligence heads an elite team of action scientists in world-spanning investigations into the weird and unknown.
Why I like it: Snappy writing from Brian Clevinger (yeah, the 8-bit Theater guy), Scott Wegener's clean, fresh art that all but jumps off the page, a delightfully pulpy take on action and super-science, decent characterization, and legitimate laughs. If you were put equal parts Indiana Jones, Iron Man, and Rocketeer into a machine driven by Tesla coils and possibly a forsaken child, you'd get Atomic Robo.

Stuff like this happens all the time...

...and it's as awesome as it looks.

Issue that is a good jumping on point: Volume 1: Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists of Tesladyne is a very well put together trade paperback that tells you all you need to know about Robo and his world. A few key stories, some fun shorts, and great bonus material will likely leave you hungry for more.

As an aside, I also picked up Blacksad and Nonplayer recently, and they're both as good as everybody is saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Saoshyant posted:

Give me your email and a link to the thread, and I'll email you its contents. You'll have to shape up to make a kickass OP, though. The comic deserves it.

Be sure to mention to upcoming film if you resurrect the thread.