Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The first two issues of They're Not Like Us are the most enjoyable X-Men comics I've read in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

... :psyduck: This is a real comic that exists? What? I ... almost want to read it to see the trainwreck, now.

Edit: I read it and, uh. ... I mean, at least the rape confession ... wasn't the main character admitting he raped somebody? There's that? Good lord. That's such a weird issue to try and welcome new readers on board with.

Not quite. He was admitting to being raped, which was shown on-panel, and the female Viltrumite responsible has come on to him aggressively a couple times since then.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Oh, yeah, I got that he was the one who'd been raped. I was saying at least it wasn't the main character doing the raping.

In hindsight, that is painfully obvious and I feel stupid.

So, I'm all caught up with Deadly Class and They're Not Like Us, and I'm kind of over both of them for the opposite reason. I just want Deadly Class to slow down so I can enjoy the characters more, and I want They're Not Like Us to GET TO THE loving POINT ALREADY.

I did swipe some of Rus Wooton's lettering tricks from Deadly Class, which he in turn looks to have swiped from John Workman, for a book I worked on. So there's that.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Picked up Kaijumax on a whim. I didn't know I needed a tokusatsu prison book in my life, but here we are.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I don't remember Cindy from Hard Time getting a ton of focus, but for a side character in a later Steve Gerber book nobody read, she was pretty memorable.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's got a real anachronistic sense of humor and Lukas Ketner is drawing the poo poo out of it. Glad I gave it a shot.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You've chosen wisely. They're some of the best comics ever.

Not a fan of The Steeze, but I suppose that's the joke.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Sold!

Dynamo 5 is dope. D. B. Cooper is dope.

I'm still upset that Urban Myths didn't get a full series...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Atom Eve being immortal feels like a cheat, but I can dig it. Mark gets the life that Cyclops and Spider-Man and Superman don’t (usually).

The Viltrumites adapting the blue and yellow was good. Feels a lot more earned than the Wolf Corps thing that kinda came out of nowhere at the end of Astounding Wolf-Man and never got brought up again.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
First arc was fun but rushed. Second just wrapped up, right?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

"McElroy seems to have written a few comics after this one, but then dropped out of the business, apparently."

His newest project was received fairly well I hear.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 2, 2018

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Has IDW already republished the TMNT crossovers with both? As much as Usagi Yojimbo is its own thing, and it very much is, IDW snatching up publishing rights to "Leonardo's rabbit friend" seems like a no-brainer.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Walking Dead had a perfectly good endpoint with Rick and Michonne looking over the ocean discussing whether or not the survivors still deserve happiness but that was 50 plus issues ago.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Did anyone else check out Ludocrats this week?

I liked it. Might be a little weird for weird's sake, and I know I'd have read it more favorably had I not just read Grant Morrison's Seaguy for the first time. Has the same energy as an NES-era video game, if that makes any sense?

Also snagged a copy of Year Zero from AWA. Felt like the pilot of a TV show as a comic, and I'm a little tired of zombie fiction in general, but it looked (and was) pretty good, so...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Yay, doubleposting...

Anyone else read Adventureman? Great setup.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

zer0spunk posted:

Night Hunters - just buy this one and sub, trust me

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

X-O posted:

Does anyone else here read Radiant Black? drat yesterday's issue was fantastic.

Definitely one of the better timeline gimmicks I've seen. I hope the CYOA issue of Rogue Sun keeps it up.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Jack Staff is super fun.

Firebreather is also good, but the third volume got canceled with only half the issues out and I don't think it was ever completed. Don't watch the movie.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Is more than meets the eye.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Another reboot. Separate from the Star/Marvel comics, the Wildstorm comics, or Rankin/Bass, 2011, and Roar cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

X-O posted:

I liked some trash cartoons as a kid, haha. I remember in kindergarten I had a Denver The Last Dinosaur lunchbox. I think every kid had a dinosaur phase around five years old but I was unlucky enough to have that as the dinosaur cartoon on TV at the time. At least Land Before Time was actually good, but it wasn't on TV every day.

It could have been worse. You could have had a Widget the World Watcher VHS like I did.