Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Does anyone else here read Radiant Black? drat yesterday's issue was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel really sorry for all those poor Transformers fans who have been collecting the IDW hardcover collections and will be left with an incomplete set after years of collecting. I pray the same doesn't happen to me and my TMNT collection. It already did with the Ghostubsters hardcovers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

McGurk posted:

How far behind are they on TMNT? I thought the hardcovers came out pretty frequently.

Related, I wish IDW could put out comprehensive collections of the Mirage run. There’s a new omnibus that skips #8 (the Cerebus issue) which they’ve reprinted before.

I just don't want them to lose the license and then not get the last few issues like this Transformers run apparently is going to be.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes, it's the first part of the Energon thing. I've not read it so I can't really give you any idea if it or Transformers is good or not but the new GI Joe issues have been good so far. And the new artist on Real American Hero is great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Void Rivals is okay. Transformers is fantastic, but I'm a Daniel Warren Johnson fanboy and he's drawing giant robots suplexing each other which is basically my ideal comic book.

Yeah I'm not really into Transformers at all. I do like GI Joe though and the Duke and Cobra Commander first issues were very good. Though I do wish they'd have a little bit less tie-in with Transformers. But I'm not gonna win that battle I know. And knowing as they say...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is it a reboot or does it pick up from one of the cartoons? I haven't checked it out yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Inkspot posted:

Another reboot. Separate from the Star/Marvel comics, the Wildstorm comics, or Rankin/Bass, 2011, and Roar cartoons.

Well I'm at least thankful it's not a continuation of the Wildstorm comics. Those were rough.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't read the Wildstorm stuff because I remember it was set in the future of the cartoon, which is fine, and thus had aged up Wilys Kit and Kat and their first appearance is in like Princess Leia at Jabba's palace apparel. Just put it back on the shelf.

Yes that is one of the bad things I was talking about. It was a direct continuation picking up from the last episode of the original cartoon series. Lion-O goes into the Book of Omens to train. While he's supposed to be in there for years of training no time is supposed to pass on the outside. But Mumm-Ra does some evil magic, as he is wont to do, and time does end up passing. So during that time they defeat the Thundercats. Take them all as prisoners and... well let's not get into what is both shown and implied happens to them during this time. Definitely done to prove this ain't no kid's cartoon anymore! It's really bad. So glad to not have that still be a thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Action Jacktion posted:

Speaking of which, a company called Nacelle has acquired the rights to a number of half-remembered properties and plans to do new titles with each of them through Oni Press. A special issue introducing the shared universe (of course it's a shared universe) comes out next week. Nacelle says it's also working on new animated series for each property. The properties are RoboForce, Biker Mice from Mars, The Great Garloo, Sectaurs, Power Lords, and C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa.

Remember any of these?

I've heard of Biker Mice From Mars but never seen it. I know of Sectaurs only because I inherited some of my older cousin's toys when from when he was a kid of a couple of them were weird bug people with big eyes called Sectaurs. Never once saw the show though as I'm pretty sure it was cancelled before I would have been old enough to see it and it never played in reruns. Most of the cartoons I loved as a kid were all reruns by the time I saw them like GI Joe, Thundercats, Ghostbusters, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I liked some trash cartoons as a kid, haha. I remember in kindergarten I had a Denver The Last Dinosaur lunchbox. I think every kid had a dinosaur phase around five years old but I was unlucky enough to have that as the dinosaur cartoon on TV at the time. At least Land Before Time was actually good, but it wasn't on TV every day.