Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Went on an offbrand spree this weekend thanks to this thread. Grabbed a bunch of stuff and will post impressions as I read. Loving working my way through the first TPB of Chew, and enjoyed the first issue of Saga immensely. Got a lot more to sift through!

Is anyone reading Super Dinosaur, and does it get good? I bought the first issue because, I mean, how can you not, and I like the art, but I was hoping for a little more goofy action fighting and it was really just a setup story. Does it start getting more ridiculous than a T-Rex with robot rocket arms and a Squid dude?

I mean, how could I not get this first issue after seeing stuff like this :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I bought the current GODZILLA book because I thought it was the Stokoe one and wanted the awesome art.

It's not. But it's not a bad book, if you like Giant Monsters. I may actually keep reading it :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Really? Cuz when I read it, it was maybe the worst book of the year. Starring President ODANGO and lady BLA-BLA!

Iiiii'm not sure we're talking about the same book, cause I don't know what a President ODANGO is. The one I'm talking about is written by Swierczynski with art by Gane and starts with a bodyguard named Boxer.

For reference:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Looks like Quailman to me: