Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

Ok so tell me how I'm doing.

After reading all the Walking Dead books -- which I love -- I branched out to see what else would be good.
I stopped reading comics before I turned 10, but now that I'm an adult, I want a good story and hopefully adult themes.

So far I've grabbed:

Invincible -- 2 issues in -- but Kirkman put together such a rich story for TWD, I'm expecting good things

-Neonomicon (heard great things)

-Girls (read issue 1 and got sucked in)

-Whispers (same as above)

-The Boys (got it based on chatter alone)

and now Saga...

I need to know if I am missing something VITAL that I can get lost in like TWD.
I am completely out of the comic book loop, but I want to start getting back into quality books. I would love any other recommendations to get a direction of what I should tap into.

I don't know artists or writers tendencies really, or who is the best line artist vs. who is the best story teller -- or if it's all too subjective to call someone the best. I'm just trying to catch up here.

I heard Crossed is dark and twisted - so I will probably get into that as well, but any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

Kabz fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

Thanks for all these sweet recommendations!

Kabz
Jul 29, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I've never heard of Girls, but it totally sounds like a Junji Ito story. Is it at all similar?

It's basically an invasion plot.
The invaders = hot girls who want to kill all the women in this small town.

The characterization is great and I enjoy the art.

I'm looking for books that are a little hosed up, with a sci/fi or monster twist.
I want stories that move me.
I think some of these recommendations might change the way I think of comics, since I've been away from this world for so long. But I have a bunch for now, and I'm always looking for more since I'll rip through this books within a couple weeks

Kabz fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 5, 2012