Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Title:: Orc Stain

Issue that is a good jumping on point: Haha that's a funny story. You can't find back issues of it and the TPB is apparently out of print already and is going for like 40 bucks on amazon for a used copy.

Amazon UK are saying they still have copies in stock, I ordered one earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

petewhitley posted:

Yeah I enjoyed it as laid-out, but looking through it again it seems as though most of the panels are actually from a handful of scenes that have been reordered so as to disrupt any sense of narrative. That coupled with the pedigree of this book and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was more to it.

The issue was done using the cut-up technique (as popularised by William S. Burroughs).

Some info here: http://www.waitingfortrade.com/2012/04/bulletproof-coffin-disinterred-4.html

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

ruddiger posted:

e: Reminder, Evan Dorkin's new Eltingville comes out today!

Picked it up yesterday and, good lord, that is some drat good comics!

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Anyone read Providence? I'm a huge Moore fan and I kind of like the way he clearly puts absolutely zero loving effort into anything he does for Avatar.

As it stands.... Yeah, it's a thing that exists and wasn't terrible. Wasn't much of anything else either to be honest. I say "wasn't terrible", I mean the story. The art was, as you'd expect, crap.

I do like how a certain Avatar owned poo poo website has articles about how awesome it is when it's clearly not even worthy of a footnote in Moore's work to date.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Three issues into Providence and I'm out. Quite simply, it's just not very good. Maybe if the artist wasn't complete dogshit I'd stick around but as it stands... Nah.

For Moore, it's really lazy work, much like Neonomicon was before it. Yes, I can see what he's doing. It's all very clever, merging Lovecraft's stories together and having a gay Jewish man as our POV character, but... It's just not remotely entertaining. There's practically no story there at all. What we have is "A man goes to places and talks to people in a very badly drawn way. Also, many-angled-non-Euclidean-chitinous-penises"

Alan must have another tax bill to pay