Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkellingTon Loc
Oct 24, 2005

I was feelin' horny and ornery hornery
Title:: DV8 - Gods and Monsters
Publisher: Last Wildstorm book to ever get published. Technically DC comics.
Writer/Artist: Brian Wood/Rebekah Isaacs
Brief description: A team of 8 super powered, bratty, 20-something superheroes are dropped on a planet much like earth, only with a human population that is nowhere as advanced as us. The group starts bickering almost immediately, and break up to form their own little tribes among the natives where they're regarded as gods because of their powers.
Why I like it: I just love the premise of the book. I don't know if it quite delivers on it, but I thought it was a solid story nonetheless.
The motivations differ from each of the characters, so it doesn't just end up being a play for power. Despite the Lord of the Flies type setup, it's a lot more uplifting than that.
Also, the interior art is really good, don't be fooled by the lovely Jim Lee cover.
Issue that is a good jumping on point: There's only one trade. DV8 used to be a Wildstorm super hero team, but I never read any of the previous books, so I guess you don't need the previous comics to follow this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU