Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

al-azad posted:

Langridge is best known for The Straightjacket Fits, a story published in Judge Dredd Megazine, and his webcomic Fred the Clown which earned him a poo poo ton of critical acclaim including two Eisner nominations.

Also a lengthy run writing and drawing The Muppets for Boom Studios, his new comic there called Snarked, and a number of writing assignments at Marvel, including most significantly Thor: The Mighty Avenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Phil Hester's run on the Darkness is amazing, as are all things written by Phil Hester.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Sea of Red

Polly and the Pirates vol 1

Polly and the Pirates vol 2

East Coast Rising

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Copra is literally one of the best reviewed books of last year:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/11/13/michel-fiffe-copra-review/
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/12/31/michel-fiffes-copra-shouldnt-be-overlooked/

etc etc

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Seldom Posts posted:

Does anyone know the story with Nowhere Men? I was really enjoying it, and then it just stopped dead at issue #5.

The next issue will be out in a few weeks.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
I picked up Klaus today, and while I haven't read it yet, I flipped through it and I can tell that I shouldn't have been worried that Morrison's version of Santa would overlap with my own Christmas comics too much. It definitely looks like it's pulling from Santa Claus Is Coming to Town more than any authentic existing lore.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

X-O posted:

I wish Francavilla would stop wasting time with other things and get to work on Afterlife with Archie.

Zero percent chance Francesco is the hold up on that book rather than the prolific television writer/producer.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

IUG posted:

So thanks to this forum (maybe this thread) I picked up the Hellboy library edition Volume 1. I liked it, but the second story, Wake the Devil, referenced a story that's in volume 2, The Chained Coffin. I looked on Wikipedia and around, and everything still says that Volume 1 is the first two trades. Did the trades come out in a different order than the release order?

There are a handful of shorter stories that came out in between Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil that are collected in the third tpb, The Chained Coffin and Other Stories, which collects only shorter bits (short stories and one-offs) rather than a single mini-series like Seed or Wake. The reason for that is that some of the other short stuff collected in vol 3 definitely takes places after Wake. It shouldn't throw you off too badly, as Hellboy's story has been told non-chronologically from its earliest days. You'll pick up everything you need to know.

This will happen again a few times, as there are several other tpbs that collect shorter bits, like The Right Hand of Doom, The Troll Witch, and The Crooked Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
The way that Image crossovers work is that basically each book is its own universe, but versions of characters from other books may exist in that universe. So while Dragon might appear in Invincible, that does not (necessarily) affect events in Savage Dragon the book, and vice versa. Invincible had a number of crossovers, including issue 60, which had literally dozens of Image characters appearing in it. Likewise, Savage Dragon had a streak of crossovers as well, where Dragon teamed up with Madman and the Amazing Joy Buzzards and others. [edit: There are, like you said, books that exist in the same universe as Invincible, like Brit, Astounding Wolf-Man, Capes, and Guarding the Globe.]

The Invincible/Spider-Man crossover is definitely canon for Invincible and technically for Spider-Man, since it happened in a Marvel Universe book. It happened somewhere in the 30s of Invincible's run iirc.

I do not believe that the Tick crossover was ever mentioned anywhere on panel in Invincible, but it and the Madman crossover are both definitely canon for the Tick.