Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I've been curious about Casanova, thanks for posting this. Comixology really needs a bookmarking feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Has anyone read Archaia's Grand Duke? It looks really interesting.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What about the titles in the Archaia sale they have ongoing? Really interested in the Iron Duke.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

al-azad posted:

I can't believe Comixology takes half after Apple's cut. The service they provide is a non-refundable distribution and reading platform and they have zero risks except quality assurance. Bandwidth costs are totally negligible for a company of that size. Comixology should be taking 30, not loving 50.

If I was doing digital comics I would make my own reading app so I could keep that extra buck-fifty but the sad thing is that customers are apprehensive towards other subscription services. Just like people will pass up cheaper deals on Amazon or GMG because it doesn't come with a Steam key, people will pass up your service because it's not Comixology. It's a hosed business and you can't break into it without selling some kind of PDF directly from your own secured store.

This is why people should buy via the web not the app.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Holy poo poo Nonplayer 2 came out last week!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

And now we get to wait 4 years for the next issue.

I bought it but haven't read it yet. I hope to read all 6 in one shot someday.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Shitshow posted:

It is, but with Zdarsky achieving such popularity (and writing three other books) and Fraction's new television deal, I'm worried the series is going to fall by the wayside.

What's Fraction doing TV wise?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dunbar posted:

If my plugs for Giant Days (a Boom! publication) have fallen on deaf ears, please be aware that it was just nominated for an Eisner for Best Continuing Series.

It really is very good and you should check it out :)

I really liked it and it made me laugh a lot. Top stuff.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Jesus, what's with the calling Y a harem comic again.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Holy crap!!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m still waiting for the middle part of six issue miniseries Nonplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Jedit posted:

You mean issue 2?

3 actually.