Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I really miss my cave shaman. Tossing aoe dots all over the damned place and rarely ever getting into a group because of buffbots.

Miss the hell out of DAOC. Hopefully someday someone makes something just as great.(will never happen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
GUIDE FOR NEW CHARACTERS (Hibernia)

Long overdue, but here goes!

Disclaimer: These are general guidelines for creating a new character. You can mess with the stats and gear for most races or classes to get a combination that fares better, so don't let me stop you from making a Shar Mentalist if that's what you're really set on.

CLASSES
Often, the first choice that you'll make is the class that you want to play. In general, there are healers, casters, stealthers, melee-ers, and hybrids (usually a cross between melee/caster, but there's also a cross between melee/healer). Hibernia's primary healers are Bards and Druids. Our primary casters include Animists, Bainshees, Eldritches, Enchanters, and Mentalists. Primary melee classes include Blademasters and Heroes. The only Hib stealthers are Nightshades and Rangers. Hybrid melee/caster classes include Champions, Maulers, Valewalkers, and Vampiirs, while the hybrid melee/healer is the Warden.

Animist (introduced with Shrouded Isles)

A strong caster class, both in PvE and RvR. They get mushroom pets that can follow them around and do melee or magic damage, or stationary mushrooms that cast spells at enemies who come within range (like a turret). The turret mushrooms are most commonly used in PvE farming or RvR keep defense. Animists can also get "bomber" pets that fly over to the target and explode, which is the most common in open field RvR.
Typically: Celt or Sylvan
More info

Bainshee (introduced with Catacombs)

An average caster class. They get a variety of Area of Effect (AoE) spells, including a cone AoE which does damage to anyone standing within a cone in front of them. They also get an uninterruptible pulsing Point-Blank AoE (PBAoE), which is widely used in PvE and is pretty good for RvR keep defense. They can be great in the right group, but were recently nerfed because Albs are too lazy to not clump up.
Typically: Lurikeen or Elf
More info

Bard (original class)

An average healing class and Hib's primary crowd control class. They get group healing abilities and resurrection spells, as well as mesmerizing (mezzing) spells that are used to hold enemies in place. They also get songs for group speed enhancements, group endurance regeneration, and group power regeneration. A Bard is pretty essential for RvR groups and very nice for PvE groups, but can't deal much damage. They are in high demand in RvR because Hibs are very hard on Bards and people give up playing them.
Typically: Celt
More info

Blademaster (original class)

A light tank and woefully underpowered melee class. Blademasters are known for dual-wielding weapons, but they hit like a wet noodle and are mainly useful for their Banelord abilities (if you choose that Master Level path). Blademasters are pretty rare because they do less damage than other melee classes and can't take as much damage as other tanks. You will most often see them face down in the dirt.
Typically: Celt or Firbolg
More info

Champion (original class)

A hybrid melee/caster class that can function as a pretty good tank. Champions don't hit quite as hard as Heroes in melee, but they can make up for it with their array of damage and debuffing spells. They are very useful (but tragically under-represented) in RvR and also useful in PvE.
More info

Druid (original class)

A strong healing class. Druids get buffs, heals, resurrection spells, instant heals, a pet, and rooting spells for immobilizing enemies. A general rule of thumb in RvR is to have one or two Druids per group, so there are never enough Druids to meet the demand.
More info

Eldritch (original class)

A very strong caster class. This is Hibernia's primary magic damage and general Swiss army knife class. They get nukes (single target, AoE, and PBAoE), debuffs, disease spells, and stuns, and are widely used both in PvE and RvR.
More info

Enchanter (original class)

A strong caster class. They get a PBAoE nuke, debuffs, a pet that can do melee or magic damage, and a focus shield spell for PvE. This is Hibernia's main PvE farming class because of the focus shield, but their debuffs and nukes are also useful in RvR. Their new Realm Rank 5 ability has made them even more viable in RvR, whereas they were previously often overlooked for Eldritches.
More info

Hero (original class)

A heavy tank and strong melee class. Probably the most common melee class in RvR. They can use a shield along with a one-handed weapon, or they can use a two-handed weapon. They also have the ability to wield a Celtic spear. A well-played Hero has a lot of damage-soaking toys and is very hard to kill. Some Heroes specialize in blocking to help casters farm in PvE.
Typically: Celt or Firbolg (RvR), Lurikeen (PvE)
More info

Mauler (introduced with Labyrinth of the Minotaur)

A hybrid melee/caster class that can function as a light tank. Maulers are defined by their use of fistwrap weapons or melee staff weapons, combined with spells to augment their damage. They also have spells that can root, snare, and debuff enemies, and they are one of two classes that gains power in their power pool by dealing damage to enemies. Not terribly common thanks to their lackluster styles and lack of ranged abilities.
Typically: Celt or Graoch
More info

Mentalist (original class)

A strong caster class. The Mentalist mana specialization is very useful in PvE farming, whereas the light spec gets damage and charm spells that are more useful in RvR. The mentalism spec is also good for RvR because of its damage, mezz, de-mezz, and healing spells. They have access to the Static Tempest realm ability, which is very nice in RvR. Many people underestimate the utility of a Mentalist, so these are not terribly common.
Typically: Lurikeen
More info

Nightshade (original class)

A strong stealth class and Hibernia's main assassin class. They pack a deadly punch between their poisons and magic spells. They get some neat toys, such as a trap that deals a lot of damage to enemy siege equipment, and if a Nightshade is played well, it can kill pretty much any other class in the game. A very popular choice for solo-ers in RvR, but also common in duos. They aren't very often grouped with visible classes.
Typically: Lurikeen or Celt
More info

Ranger (original class)

An average stealth class which primarily does ranged damage with a bow. They're great at PvE, and in RvR they are best played as a sniper. A Ranger can use their stealth to their advantage and shoot unsuspecting players, which is effective in stealth duos. However, a solo Ranger is vulnerable to attacks from other assassins and would need to choose fights very carefully. Rangers are rarely grouped with visible classes.
Typically: Lurikeen
More info

Valewalker (introduced with Shrouded Isles)

A hybrid melee/caster class which is more about damage-dealing than damage-taking. Highly positional melee styles make this a challenging class for a beginner. The upside is that they have good ranged damage capabilities and strong melee damage potential. They also look really cool with their scythes. Not as common as they could be, but still very deadly when played well.
Typically: Celt or Sylvan
More info

Vampiir (introduced with Catacombs)

A hybrid melee/caster class. Despite their unfortunate name, they are a strong class and are sometimes regarded by enemies as a "cheese" class because they excel at hunting enemy stealthers. They get an ability that allows them to see stealthers easily within a certain radius. Vampiirs are a great solo class, primarily because they don't require buffs and can keep themselves alive with a number of toys. They're also useful in groups as damage dealers, and they are the second Hib class that gains power in their power pool by damaging enemies.
More info

Warden (original class)

A hybrid melee/healing class. Wardens can be melee- or healing-oriented depending on player preference, and they are extremely useful in RvR in both situations. As a healer, Wardens can assist a Druid in a group with heals and resurrection spells, although they can't fully replace a Druid. Melee Wardens can assist other melee classes in the group with their chants to increase melee damage and improve attack speed. They also get an ability called Thornweed Field (TWF), which damages and snares all enemies inside the effect. TWF is, bar none, the most important ability when taking or defending keeps, but it is sorely underutilized in Hibernia. Wardens can also equip shields and are sometimes used as a blocking replacement for Heroes in PvE.
More info

TRAITS
Certain traits are desirable for certain classes, and you can customize these traits to some extent when creating a character. You will also want to look for equipment that helps the relevant traits.

Charisma: More charisma means a larger power pool for Bards. Everyone else should ignore it.

Constitution: Higher constitution means more hit points. All classes try to get as much of this as they can manage.

Dexterity: Higher dexterity means faster casting speed and better melee defense (blocking/parrying/evading). All classes try to increase dexterity, but it is especially important for casters and healers.

Empathy: More empathy means a larger power pool for Druids and Wardens. Everyone else should ignore it.

Intelligence: Higher intelligence means higher magic damage and a larger power pool for casters. Casters and Champions want this to be high.

Piety: Hibernians should always ignore this.

Quickness: Higher quickness means better melee swing speed. Melee classes try to get this to 250 (fully buffed), but casters and healers should ignore it.

Strength: Higher strength means more melee damage and more encumbrance, which basically allows you to carry more siege equipment. Melee classes want this to be as high as possible. Casters and healers don't care about it.

RACES
Some races are naturally better at a class because they maximize the traits listed above. When choosing a race, you'll want to keep in mind the traits that the race has, and consider how those traits will impact your chosen class. You can offset traits by tweaking your character's equipment, but in some cases it will be an uphill battle. Catacombs models are on the left; Classic models are on the right.

Celt

Pros: Well-rounded, medium dexterity (the highest among Hib's healing classes), medium strength
Cons: Medium dexterity, medium strength
Well-suited for: Anything they can be except Mentalists
Avoid: Mentalists
More info

Elf

Pros: High intelligence
Cons: Pointy ears, lower dexterity than Lurikeens, low strength
Well-suited for: Any caster
Avoid: Blademasters or Champions
More info

Firbolg

Pros: High strength, high empathy
Cons: Low dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Heroes and Blademasters
Avoid: Bards or Druids
More info

Graoch (Minotaur)

Pros: Cows, high strength, high constitution
Cons: Low dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Heroes, Blademasters, Maulers
Avoid: Wardens
More info

Lurikeen

Pros: High dexterity, high quickness, good intelligence, the smallest Hib race (hard for enemies to target)
Cons: Low strength, low constitution
Well-suited for: Any caster, stealthers, Heroes that specialize in blocking
Avoid: Heroes that do not specialize in blocking
More info

Shar

Pros: High constitution (the highest in Hibernian races)
Cons: Lower dexterity and quickness than a Celt
Well-suited for: Heroes
Avoid: Mentalists and Rangers
More info

Sylvan

Pros: High strength, high intelligence
Cons: Slightly lower dexterity, low quickness
Well-suited for: Valewalkers and Animists
Avoid: Heroes
More info

Thanks to Angrymother (Warden), Barandix (Valewalker), and Stuntez (Champion) for helping us fill in the characters we didn't have!

:effort:

ButtaKnife fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 10, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jesus christ, dude, amazing.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
great guide :) I think a friend of mine who never touched DAOC will start with me, what would be a good duo in hib?

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
Bard and any kind of dps. The main reason you want a bard is speed. Exception to this is if you want to play a pet class like chanter or animist, then a Druid with good buffs will help more.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Brilliant guide! I'm thinking of duoing too, and was thinking Enchanter / Mentalist for the PVE focus shield and mana regen buff with HOTS. The Mentalist doesn't get Resurrection though do they?

Is mana still a problem in DAOC? I don't want to have to sit down to rest every few mobs.

Scro
Oct 24, 2005
so what side do people mostly play on (goon wise)? I used to play on Mordred but I'm keen to jump in and try this again. I played a shaman and it was a bit of fun.

I'd probably be interested in trying a bard. Do bards still have to "twist" songs and do you still have to manually equip instruments or do they automatically equip now for the specific song you're trying to play?

Scro fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 10, 2012

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
Oh man, just reading this thread makes me nostalgic for RvR. It is so hard to resist! I had a RR8 Bard on one of the old classic servers but I can't even remember any of the account information... EA Support was not a very big help either. But from the sounds of it you can get 1-50 in no time and I always did want to try a Druid.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Le0 posted:

great guide :) I think a friend of mine who never touched DAOC will start with me, what would be a good duo in hib?

As angry muppet said, a Bard is a great character to have in a duo since you get some buffs (just not as many as Druids), power/endurance/speed songs, heals, mez spells, and their new heal proc buff. It really depends, though. :)

concerned mom posted:

Brilliant guide! I'm thinking of duoing too, and was thinking Enchanter / Mentalist for the PVE focus shield and mana regen buff with HOTS. The Mentalist doesn't get Resurrection though do they?

Is mana still a problem in DAOC? I don't want to have to sit down to rest every few mobs.

Nope, Mentalists can't rez, and the other issue you might face there is that you would be lacking buffs to cast on your pet to help it tank. That's not the worst thing in the world, but a consideration. As for mana, it's really not a problem any more. In fact, I'd say the problem with mana now is that it doesn't run out fast enough. In RvR, casters have insane DPS, and these days with power regen mythirians and other goodies a caster can nuke for ages before running low on power.

Scro posted:

so what side do people mostly play on (goon wise)? I used to play on Mordred but I'm keen to jump in and try this again. I played a shaman and it was a bit of fun.

I'd probably be interested in trying a bard. Do bards still have to "twist" songs and do you still have to manually equip instruments or do they automatically equip now for the specific song you're trying to play?

So far most of us have ended up playing Hib, and we're using my oldschool guild as a goon guild. Last night we had a little RvR group going while several other players were leveling their characters in the BGs. There's certainly goon activity on Hib. :)

Bards have it easy these days. Any instrument now can play any song, and you can have two songs playing at once without having to twist. It's pretty nice!

ggschmitty posted:

Oh man, just reading this thread makes me nostalgic for RvR. It is so hard to resist! I had a RR8 Bard on one of the old classic servers but I can't even remember any of the account information... EA Support was not a very big help either. But from the sounds of it you can get 1-50 in no time and I always did want to try a Druid.

EA Support? What's that? :D

It really is easy to get to 50 now, and the only thing you can't buy these days would be realm points. It's nice to start out with toons that have a decent realm rank, but RR5 comes pretty quickly so it's not a huge deal. Plus, as more goons hit 50 and get templates done, we can run guild groups more often.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hmm so Chanter / Ment possibly isn't the best anymore. Chanter / Bard? Druid? Help :(

Scro
Oct 24, 2005
Okay I've got another 1.5 gig of updating to go. My brother and I will be rolling. I'll probably play a bard and he's going to be an eldritch. How do we go about getting in touch with you guys?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah sorry to spam but I downloaded that Derida's UI mod thing, put it in the daoc folder. Do I need to do anything extra to get it to work? It's in the menu options or something isn't it?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

concerned mom posted:

Oh yeah sorry to spam but I downloaded that Derida's UI mod thing, put it in the daoc folder. Do I need to do anything extra to get it to work? It's in the menu options or something isn't it?

UIs go into the ui/custom folder, and then you switch to custom UI in the menu.

If you want something a little more minimalist, try Bob's UI.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

concerned mom posted:

Hmm so Chanter / Ment possibly isn't the best anymore. Chanter / Bard? Druid? Help :(

Chanter/Bard is a great combo. The bard will have power song, heal song, heal proc, heals, and buffs to assist the chanter. Having a buffbot and a mentalist to go with that just makes the group even more powerful.

Scro posted:

Okay I've got another 1.5 gig of updating to go. My brother and I will be rolling. I'll probably play a bard and he's going to be an eldritch. How do we go about getting in touch with you guys?

If you roll a Hib, your best bet is to /who Cult and message anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep guild for an invite. :) Two things to remember: 1. New characters start in the newbie Tir na Nog Adventurers guild, so use the /gc quit command to leave it 2. You need to be in the same region as whoever is inviting you, so you may need to port out of the Tutorial Zone, BG, etc. to get the invite.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Thinking of making a bard. Couple questions though: Can I level to 50 solo as a bard, and what tree should I dump my points in to level the quickest. Also does it matter which Ywain I roll on to hop in the Cult?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chanter/Ment still kicks rear end. Don't listen to these fools! I thought the new npc buffs transferred to pets? You can always spec enhancement for pets buff as secondary.

Eldy/animist is also amazing. Pull mobs in and pbae them, repeat.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So what's the Hib (offensive) caster that's in best shape right now in terms of RvR? Eldritch?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Eldy/Ment/Chanter are all excellent and work together extremely well.

Eldy has nearsight (range reduction) and disease (half healing recieved) and is probably the most important class for Hib to have in any given fight.
Ment has cure mez (importance of cure mez cannot be overstated), single mez and ranged aoe for blowing up Theurg spam/leeching RP's off a zerg.
Chanter gets to resist debuff (casters do 30% more damage) and blow stuff up as the most useful thing they can do and have roots now.

I think you will want to be split spec for utility and using the exact same baseline nuke on any one you choose.

Bainshee is an AoE gimmick lacking a good single target nuke for normal group work.
Animists area denial gimmick is not hard for enemies to deal with at all but they do have roots and can make their damage spike to be harder to heal.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 10, 2012

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Fishy Joe posted:

Thinking of making a bard. Couple questions though: Can I level to 50 solo as a bard, and what tree should I dump my points in to level the quickest. Also does it matter which Ywain I roll on to hop in the Cult?

Getting to 50 solo as a bard is a bit slower. You'd have much better luck if you had groups when doing the quests. It would be possible, though, to do it solo, assuming you have the patience. As for which Ywain, it really doesn't matter, though houses on Ywain 1-3 tend to be harder to find, so I'd suggest picking a Ywain server with a higher number. Many of the Culties are on Ywain6.

Kazvall posted:

Chanter/Ment still kicks rear end. Don't listen to these fools! I thought the new npc buffs transferred to pets? You can always spec enhancement for pets buff as secondary.

Eldy/animist is also amazing. Pull mobs in and pbae them, repeat.

Chanter/Ment is awesome, but the buff issue had to be pointed out. We duoed Bard/Chanter most of the way to 50 and it worked really well. Plus, the AE mez can be quite helpful.

I don't think realm buffs apply to Enchanter pets, though I could be wrong. Also, you'd ideally put most of your points into the Mana spec as an Enchanter, so you'd barely have any buffs for your pet from the Enchantments spec line.

boho posted:

So what's the Hib (offensive) caster that's in best shape right now in terms of RvR? Eldritch?

Jessant pretty much hit it on the head. Elds and Ments are awesome, and Chanters and Animists can be very good. The only weak link is the Bainshee, and I have to wonder how long it will be before Mythic gives them some love.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

If only there were some way to get the old faces using the new armor models.

Going to work on qbinds tonight, I dont think I used those much back when I played minstrel and I have no idea how I managed songs + instruments + cc + positional styles. My pierce champ has every positional with chains and reactive styles and oh god my hotbars.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
7k 5k more glass and I'm ML10, the hardest thing so far seems to be getting scales.

Also I need a couple pieces SC'd, the gloves/boots of this. I have the pieces already.

e: and what's the most effective way to use artifacts with /use1 and /use2 in combat? There's gotta be a fast way.

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 10, 2012

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I dont know how you guys are hitting 50 in 15 hours played. At 12 hours played Im only 27, though Id say at least 3 hours of that was spent in Thid running out of the PK to die instantly to the 400 Albs roaming around. Some things havnt changed, even after 10 years. Being new to Hib and a NS on top of that is probably the other slow part since I dont know how to level non-Mid classes. Is going full on Pierce/CD then respecing at 50 a good idea?

From what Ive seen on my Necro and SM, those fancy realm buffs from the NPC apply to pets so long as theyre out when you hand in the token. Also, Shar make amazing Champions. :colbert:

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

7k 5k more glass and I'm ML10, the hardest thing so far seems to be getting scales.

Also I need a couple pieces SC'd, the gloves/boots of this. I have the pieces already.

e: and what's the most effective way to use artifacts with /use1 and /use2 in combat? There's gotta be a fast way.

if you inspect the piece it should show two icons for what ever the artifact does, drag those on a quickbar and they should work.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Twlight posted:

if you inspect the piece it should show two icons for what ever the artifact does, drag those on a quickbar and they should work.

Ok thanks so much easier than what I had planned, thanks!

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Ok thanks so much easier than what I had planned, thanks!

You can Qbind those as well blah blah you get the idea. I'm suprised you guys play with new models on. I can't stand them I have everything set to old ones, though if you look in the options after you log out you can change them in a granular fashion for each faction or race I think.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Furnaceface posted:

I dont know how you guys are hitting 50 in 15 hours played. At 12 hours played Im only 27, though Id say at least 3 hours of that was spent in Thid running out of the PK to die instantly to the 400 Albs roaming around. Some things havnt changed, even after 10 years. Being new to Hib and a NS on top of that is probably the other slow part since I dont know how to level non-Mid classes. Is going full on Pierce/CD then respecing at 50 a good idea?

From what Ive seen on my Necro and SM, those fancy realm buffs from the NPC apply to pets so long as theyre out when you hand in the token. Also, Shar make amazing Champions. :colbert:
You're playing in Thid as a Nightshade and getting run over by Albs? Normally Thid and Molvik are more Hib-friendly than that.

If the BGs don't work well for one reason or another, you can also try the quest hubs up until Druim Cain, at which point you can only really level off of BGs until 45.

Twlight posted:

I'm suprised you guys play with new models on. I can't stand them I have everything set to old ones, though if you look in the options after you log out you can change them in a granular fashion for each faction or race I think.
I have to use classic models because my machine can't handle the fancy new textures, but I honestly like the old models better. I do change the mounts to the new models, though.

This is the best reason to run with old models:

The classic Sylvan model is just awesome.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I use old models just because that's what I'm used to and to me they look better (mid does anyway, don't have a comparison base on hib)

edit: Also yeah there are times the Alb zerg in Thidranki is retarded. Do your best to find an xp group for battlegrounds and it'll go much faster/be safer

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Twlight posted:

You can Qbind those as well blah blah you get the idea. I'm suprised you guys play with new models on. I can't stand them I have everything set to old ones, though if you look in the options after you log out you can change them in a granular fashion for each faction or race I think.

I think what I had originally done with them way back was have the item on a qb and macros for /use and /use2 at the end and it was awful.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
So far on my temp:

Potent Gem of the Sky
Eternal Plant
Harpy Feather Cloak
Soulbinder's
Crocodile Tear Ring
Ring of the Azure
Bracer of Zo'arkat
Warshadow Bracer
Veil-Touched Scale Hauberk
Winged Helm
Eternal Retribution
Dragonsworn Decorated Gloves
Legs : ML10
Decorated Osnadurtha Boots
Protector of Weary Souls

Also ML9, CL5 and rr2.

And I think I'm still on my 14 day trial.

AN ANGRY MOTHER fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 11, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have the most elite minstrel template if anyone needs.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

Kazvall posted:

I have the most elite minstrel template if anyone needs.

I'd be interested in seeing it.

I'm also looking for a high end caster template with +dur. It's for a sorc, but templates from other realms would be helpful too just to give me some ideas on where to get the duration bonus.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
NO ALBS ALLOWED

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

angry muppet posted:

I'd be interested in seeing it.

I'm also looking for a high end caster template with +dur. It's for a sorc, but templates from other realms would be helpful too just to give me some ideas on where to get the duration bonus.

I *think* mine is pretty good, though its weapon independent, if you want post those minstrel templates! Thought I know mine is not Min/Max'd to the extreme but I enjoy the toys I have.

Edit:

This is a great sorc template, the only issue is getting the ring which drops of leviathan in albion, but you can take him down with 3 sorc's with ml9 a buff bot and a friar. I have both the bot and the friar if we can round up some sorc's with ML9 we can do it.

Template: http://www.daoctemplates.net/viewTemplate.php?template=3193

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have to warn that my minst template has no charisma at all. I found for each point of charisma you get 1 point of dd damage. But, for a thrust template having 101str/dex/con, and capped quickness, with full ToA bonuses and hits, it's boss. It also has every single arty you need. I'll boot up daoc tomorrow.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah, I got hit with a wave of nostalgia today so I reopened by account and jesus christ did I seriously just get to level 36 in 5 hours /played?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, I got hit with a wave of nostalgia today so I reopened by account and jesus christ did I seriously just get to level 36 in 5 hours /played?

Back in my day, that would take a couple weeks of AoE mob grinding with 7 other people. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. :corsair:

Im so glad they realized that people kept coming back/sticking around for the RvR and not the dated and joyless PvE. If it stays this way I can see myself coming back more often again and sticking around longer each time as there still isnt anything quite like the RvR here in the MMO market today (or the foreseeable future).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So, what's the guild on hibernia I should be looking for?

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

LoreOfSerpents posted:

If you're in Hibernia, log on and type: /who Cult
Feel free to message anyone in the Cult of Nyarlathotep for a guild invite. If anyone seems confused, just tell them Waffle sent you.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Back in my day, that would take a couple weeks of AoE mob grinding with 7 other people. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. :corsair:

who has the list for fins group??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
In a way I kind of came back for the dated and joyless PvE and I don't know why.

• Locked thread