Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Jack3d makes me want to go stand on a corner and have sex with men for more Jack3d.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I tried no-xplode and that would make me so god damned fatugued 5 minutes into whatever workout I was doing. Despite my user name, I'm not elite enough for that crap.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Jack3d is really the way to go. Take 3 scoops and and you will want to try to lift a refrigerator.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I like black powder, myself.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Rrail posted:

Jack3d is really the way to go. Take 3 scoops and and you will want to try to lift a refrigerator.

Absolutely. Don't you dare try to do any cardio on that poo poo, though.

You will puke your brains out unless you're some freak.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I can't tell if these are all real product names or if you guys are just loving around. :(

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Godholio posted:

I can't tell if these are all real product names or if you guys are just loving around. :(

They are all very real. On that note...has anyone tried N'Sane? Supposedly it's way more potent than Jack3d. My friend swears by it, but he won't let me try any because it's ridiculously expensive.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Godholio posted:

You poor thing. Go check out bodybuilding.com and buy the top 50 products. Take them all at once and go have a nice workout for about 32 hours straight.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Jack3d is some badass stuff, but its getting a bit hard to find. AAFES pulled it and a bunch of other stuff (redline, OxyElite and mored) and refuses to sell it because the DoD is investigating a chemical in them (DMAA) that they think may have caused a couple soldiers to die. It was on the front page of Stars & Stripes last week. I have to get it through Amazon now

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jaysus posted:

I take it and then do HIIT.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
I miss my old 1SG.

He did such intense morning PT that I got a 300 from just doing that (I never work out on my own). I can only get a 250ish with this lame rear end PRT.

You definitely can get in awesome shape through army PT, it's just you need super motivated leadership to make it happen. Also you need to throw the army PT regulations in the trash.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Jaysus posted:

:cmon: I do ten mile runs on this poo poo. :colbert:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Red87 posted:

Jack3d is some badass stuff, but its getting a bit hard to find. AAFES pulled it and a bunch of other stuff (redline, OxyElite and mored) and refuses to sell it because the DoD is investigating a chemical in them (DMAA) that they think may have caused a couple soldiers to die. It was on the front page of Stars & Stripes last week. I have to get it through Amazon now

You can still get it at The Vitamin Shoppe.

I used it for a while, and frankly that poo poo was ridiculous. But yeah, you can't do cardio on it. I used to do pretty intense runs every time I worked out, but this obviously didn't work when I was taking Jack3d. My run time took a hit as a result.

I might start taking it again during my 4 month post-AFPT workout and then stop it for my 2 month APT trainup.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Whip Slagcheek posted:

:cmon: I do ten mile runs on this poo poo. :colbert:

You can really use it any time although once I took it before BJJ and I felt really, really way too hot. Uncomfortable, but you can lift a goddamn truck with that stuff in your system.

Also I just clocked a 99.3 on the PFA, 7 more pushups next year :argh:

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

the yellow dart posted:

You can really use it any time although once I took it before BJJ and I felt really, really way too hot. Uncomfortable, but you can lift a goddamn truck with that stuff in your system.

Also I just clocked a 99.3 on the PFA, 7 more pushups next year :argh:

For some reason the NO supplements work great for me in the gym or on the treadmill but range from barely noticeable to regrettable mistake for martial arts classes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I take 6 oxyelite and jack3d pre-workout. It's cool bro

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Run 3 days a week
Lift 3 days a week

Eat fuckin protein
Don't fuckin drink

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Like an independent candidate for office, you lost me at the end there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

overdesigned posted:

Run 3 days a week
Lift 3 days a week

Eat fuckin protein
Don't fuckin drink

I'm not sure you're in the right forum with that kind of advice.

Also, went to get a quick lift in before work. Some fucker was doing deadlifts with the bumper plates for over 45 loving minutes when I left the gym. I just wanted to crank out a few quick lifts. I ended up using a squat rack when one came clear. I mean, I'm all fine for you taking your time, but when you're spending the majority of your time loving looking in the mirror and walking around, gently caress off.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Henry Meowlins posted:

I'm not sure you're in the right forum with that kind of advice.

Also, went to get a quick lift in before work. Some fucker was doing deadlifts with the bumper plates for over 45 loving minutes when I left the gym. I just wanted to crank out a few quick lifts. I ended up using a squat rack when one came clear. I mean, I'm all fine for you taking your time, but when you're spending the majority of your time loving looking in the mirror and walking around, gently caress off.

Oh man I hate that poo poo. On the topic of wasting time, the best workout partners I've had knew how to converse while putting on plates or inbetween sets rather than watching to talk about whatever for 5 minutes after the weight was racked.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't doing a lot of deadlifts at high weights generally ungood for you, anyway?

Also if you're too fat to pass a PFT you're too fat to drink :colbert: But I guess I can amend that to say "Don't fuckin drink all the time"

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009
I can pass my PT test, but I still look like poo poo in uniform due to terrible fat distribution. 135lbs at 5'6 and my stomach still sticks out farther than my chest. gently caress!

It makes me hate the world when everyone around me is eating 2 slices of cake, 4 cookies, and ice cream for lunch and dinner while downing it with chocolate milk, and those bastards are still toothpicks, while I haven't touched the dessert section in 7 months. The most swole guys usually average 4 cookies per meal.

Tell me more about this back alley doctor...

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pinuyasha posted:

I can pass my PT test, but I still look like poo poo in uniform due to terrible fat distribution. 135lbs at 5'6 and my stomach still sticks out farther than my chest. gently caress!

It makes me hate the world when everyone around me is eating 2 slices of cake, 4 cookies, and ice cream for lunch and dinner while downing it with chocolate milk, and those bastards are still toothpicks, while I haven't touched the dessert section in 7 months. The most swole guys usually average 4 cookies per meal.

Tell me more about this back alley doctor...
These are the same types of people who get injured or busy and can't workout anymore and then gain 60 pounds because they don't change their eating habits.

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009

psydude posted:

These are the same types of people who get injured or busy and can't workout anymore and then gain 60 pounds because they don't change their eating habits.

The best part is when these assholes have the nerve to give me dietary advice. I've lost 80lbs in my time, and they've never had to lose a pound in their life, yet they think they know what to do. I've had about 10+ "diet gurus" come tell me how to shape up even though they sport a natural six pack, eat like poo poo, and get all their advice from bullshit fitness magazines. Best moment:

Skinny Fucker: "You need to run a lot to lose weight."
Me: "No you don't, it's almost all diet, and little has to do with exercise."
Skinny Fucker: "I have a friend who lost weight running a lot, so that's what it is. I WOULD KNOW!"
Me: "And I've actually lost 80lbs."
Skinny Fucker: "You're wrong, I WOULD KNOW!"

Said Skinny Fucker has never been fat, and would have a natural six pack if he bothered to go to the gym and even do the slightest ab workout. The only consolation I get is knowing that he's starting to have back problems at the age of 21.

Been following Intermittent Fasting for a while now too, which helped me go from 157 to 135lbs, and I get more of these morons telling me I'm anorexic and need to eat even though I can do 19 pull ups while some of them can't even manage 1. How many loving anorexic people do 19 pull ups in a row?! This is the kind of smarts the "future leaders of the Air Force" have.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
edit: nevermind :)

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 6, 2012

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I hear ya man. I was 280 and six foot the day I graduated high-school. Today I'm 200 and six three. At my prime I was a pretty fierce 190. Just eating well, cutting out soda, and working hard is what did it for me. I dropped nearly 60 pounds in basic alone! I do pretty good on the APFT but I really don't consider myself to be in great shape. I only did single digit honest foot patrols in Afghanistan, and not in RC east, and they whooped my rear end. My brother (who's a god damned manimal) is making me start crossfit with him this week.

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009

moker posted:

If youre a 135 pound male no wonder you can crank out 19, but youre probably the last person that should be giving smug dieting advice

I started at not even being able to do 1 around the beginning of 2011 and it took most of the entire year to get to that point. Hard work does pay off eventually, but drat does it hurt.

My biggest mistake was following a low carb diet, which put a screeching halt to most of my gains for a long time. 3 months of straight lifting without a single pound of gain despite being an absolute beginner and following the 5x5 routine should've told me something sooner. And I know calories wasn't an issue, because I ate loads of bacon, eggs, and more eggs the entire time. Followed by topping it off with more bacon. Makes me want to bring Dr. Atkins back to life so I can deck him in the face. I guess there's still Gary Taubes.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Pinuyasha posted:

I started at not even being able to do 1 around the beginning of 2011 and it took most of the entire year to get to that point. Hard work does pay off eventually, but drat does it hurt.

My biggest mistake was following a low carb diet, which put a screeching halt to most of my gains for a long time. 3 months of straight lifting without a single pound of gain despite being an absolute beginner and following the 5x5 routine should've told me something sooner. And I know calories wasn't an issue, because I ate loads of bacon, eggs, and more eggs the entire time. Followed by topping it off with more bacon. Makes me want to bring Dr. Atkins back to life so I can deck him in the face. I guess there's still Gary Taubes.

Nooooooo you quoted it :(

But seriously 135 is drat low unless youre like 5 nothing is all Im saying. I dont know about unhealithy low or anything but still crazy low. And yeah low carb sucks and makes you loving miserable, also I dont care what some people in w&w say, it cant be healthy to eat that much saturated fat in everything. Complex carbs rule anyways

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009

moker posted:

Nooooooo you quoted it :(

But seriously 135 is drat low unless youre like 5 nothing is all Im saying. I dont know about unhealithy low or anything but still crazy low. And yeah low carb sucks and makes you loving miserable, also I dont care what some people in w&w say, it cant be healthy to eat that much saturated fat in everything. Complex carbs rule anyways

The low carb thread got shut down finally, so at least that madness has been put to a stop. I go with the advice of Lyle McDonald and Martin Berkham these days. Low carb didn't screw with my head or anything, but it did seriously hurt my performance. Again, something should've told me there was a problem when I was 168lbs in BMT and could run the 1.5 mile in 11:47 with size 11.5 shoes even though I'm supposed to wear 9.5, yet at 140lbs and 9.5 size shoes, the best I could manage was 13:13.

The strange thing is even at 135 and being 5'6, I still have a 32 inch waist, while every other part of my body has shriveled to almost nothing.

Pinuyasha fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 7, 2012

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Doing a low-carb diet really just saps all of my energy. However, I hate pasta and rice so I get most of my daily carbohydrate intake from my lunch sandwich and my dinner beer.

e: The W&W ketogenic diet is dangerous and dumb. That poo poo puts way too much of a strain on your liver.

psydude fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 7, 2012

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
gently caress I'm 5'9" and 135 so heh :smug:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I've been fighting a losing battle at work starting from the day I got here 2 years ago about how we stock the snack fund we have here. We normally have the most junior airman make the runs to the commissary, but I refused to buy all of the candy bars, chips, pop tarts, soda, ice cream, and hot pockets that they normally get. My reason being that we're in a career that requires us to be in shape, and I'd be doing a disservice to everyone else if I were to buy poo poo like that.

I even offered to go buy healthier snacks in place of the normal crap. They decided they'd rather have the junk food and kept the other guy on shopping duty.

And after all my bitching, they decided to add a box of granola bars and a case of diet soda to the shopping list. Thanks guys.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fatties gonna fat, dude. You're not their first line, so don't stress over it and just bring your own poo poo I guess.

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009
I don't eat grains personally since they just always cause me to overeat, and their nutritional density is pretty poor after factoring in anti-nutrients. The carb sources in our dining hall are white bread, "wheat" bread (just white bread dyed brown), cake, cookies, pudding, Gatorade, pudding, the breading on all your fried foods, pies, ice cream, and milk (lactose intolerant, FFFFFUUUUUU-)

If they don't have potatoes (real ones, not the mashed that I know are crap) or beans, then I end up eating a ton of bananas post work out. I try to get around 200g of carbs after lifting, so usually I end up eating 4-7 bananas depending on what's available that day since that many apples or pears is just impossible. I've pretty much become the banana man to the dining hall staff now.

I always found it funny how the higher ups promote fitness and health, yet stock the dining halls with utter trash. Maybe it's some kind of clever tactic to weed out stupid people by fattening them up and destroying their career with a single PT failure. Easier than waiting for all the dumbasses to get a DUI or sexual assault I suppose.

It's at least entertaining to me seeing a bunch of 18-21 year olds getting sick, injured, and broken around here.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Finally getting put back on a shift with my buddy so I can get back to working out every day. I won't do it if I don't have someone to hold me accountable.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pinuyasha posted:

I always found it funny how the higher ups promote fitness and health, yet stock the dining halls with utter trash. Maybe it's some kind of clever tactic to weed out stupid people by fattening them up and destroying their career with a single PT failure. Easier than waiting for all the dumbasses to get a DUI or sexual assault I suppose.

It's at least entertaining to me seeing a bunch of 18-21 year olds getting sick, injured, and broken around here.

It's because it's cheaper to feed people terrible food. It's the same reason why low-income people have weight control issues: foods with trans fat, sodium, and processed sugars will keep longer and are, on the whole, much cheaper to produce, transport, and store.

The military could probably save a ton of money in the long run just in healthcare costs by increasing BAS and teaching soldiers how to cook.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

pkells posted:

I've been fighting a losing battle at work starting from the day I got here 2 years ago about how we stock the snack fund we have here. We normally have the most junior airman make the runs to the commissary, but I refused to buy all of the candy bars, chips, pop tarts, soda, ice cream, and hot pockets that they normally get. My reason being that we're in a career that requires us to be in shape, and I'd be doing a disservice to everyone else if I were to buy poo poo like that.

I even offered to go buy healthier snacks in place of the normal crap. They decided they'd rather have the junk food and kept the other guy on shopping duty.

And after all my bitching, they decided to add a box of granola bars and a case of diet soda to the shopping list. Thanks guys.

The snack bar isn't there to make you eat healthy, it's there to turn a profit.

Pinuyasha posted:

It's almost like perception is more important than results...

Pinuyasha
Jun 16, 2009

psydude posted:

It's because it's cheaper to feed people terrible food. It's the same reason why low-income people have weight control issues: foods with trans fat, sodium, and processed sugars will keep longer and are, on the whole, much cheaper to produce, transport, and store.

The military could probably save a ton of money in the long run just in healthcare costs by increasing BAS and teaching soldiers how to cook.

The one area where looking towards the future really counts and we're the most short sighted in it.

My supervisor got gout a while ago at the ripe old age of 26. Getting old sure does suck. Disqualified from all flying jobs now, and has to get a waiver for his current one. He was planning to commission as a Navigator too.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pinuyasha posted:

My supervisor got gout a while ago at the ripe old age of 26. Getting old sure does suck. Disqualified from all flying jobs now, and has to get a waiver for his current one. He was planning to commission as a Navigator too.

The moral of the story here, folks, is to stick to wine until your enlistment is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

psydude posted:

I don't get BAS and there's no kitchen in the barracks. Your move, LT.

In other news, I'm contemplating a vegan diet. I know a warrant that did it for many years, and my civilian friends seem to have all become vegans, and love it.