Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I only have 7 months left to whip this bod into shape bros. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Old Man Fancington posted:

Research suggests that Motrin and acetaminophen inhibit protein synthesis in muscle after exercise. Basically it's going to cripple your potential gains.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11832356

based upon maximal doses of both ibuprofen (1,200 MG) and acetaminophen (4,000 mg)
which together is quite a lot, at least for me. If he's having knee pain when he's doing anything he should probably lay off for a while anyways. Not to mention, if he's just now starting to work out, a majority of his gains are going to be from neuromuscular gains and neural motor unit recruitment.

Rrail posted:

I only have 7 months left to whip this bod into shape bros. :smith:

7 months is enough time to get shredded jack rambo ripped brospeh, I'll even be your personal motivator and send you PM's bi weekly to ensure proper motivation.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 16, 2012

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Awww man you're the best kind of bro.

I'm back on a shift where the gym isn't crowded full of Africans and Peruvians so I can work out 6 days a week again. I have this huge gym all to myself at 2am, it's wonderful.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

psydude posted:

It's a lot quicker to recover strength you've already had.

Is there a good place for me to read more about this effect?

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
for real though i want to take test, this lacking beard thing is bullshit.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

Awww man you're the best kind of bro.

I'm back on a shift where the gym isn't crowded full of Africans and Peruvians so I can work out 6 days a week again. I have this huge gym all to myself at 2am, it's wonderful.

Have you had any Ugandans fall in love with a female coworker yet? Those dudes LOVED my medic in Afghanistan. Brought her presents and everything.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yah this isn't DoD they don't let the servant-class talk to or interact with the Americans.

Seriously there is a really weird dynamic. If they bump into you they apologize profusely. Even if they are ahead of you in line at chow they will get out of your way. I don't know how to explain it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Rrail posted:

Yah this isn't DoD they don't let the servant-class talk to or interact with the Americans.

Seriously there is a really weird dynamic. If they bump into you they apologize profusely. Even if they are ahead of you in line at chow they will get out of your way. I don't know how to explain it.

Glad to see the proles know their place. :chord: If they're looking for work after their contract expires, I just so happen to have a diamond mine I am interested in opening.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

They were like that to men in my experience, but loved women. African, Spanish, European, Asian, all the overseas labor was like that.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Which is funny because most American military women/contractors are, as one Ugandan said, "garbage from the street". Yet they love them.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Rrail posted:

The deference is almost embarrassing to me. The attitude extends to a lot of the Americans working here as well, like my room is one of the old connex rooms that the army was using before they left, and we are in the middle of a changeover to wet chu's, so I am surrounded by Ugandans who are 2,3 or even 4 to a room, while I get one to myself, with a couch, and tv and poo poo. I have had the dude (American) in charge of billeting come up and apologize for not moving me out yet, like expecting me to be offended that he should dare place me where I can see the servants or something. It is especially bad when you talk to some of the Ugandans, and they have been doing security work for 15 years, and were deep woods bush trackers before that, along with having wives and kids and I just don't know man.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Gonna do a 5 mile run hopped up on Jack3d. Wish me luck bros.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Woke up and popped a Vivran (200mg caffeine), Ephedra, and Advil and did chest. I hurt.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Gonna do a 5 mile run hopped up on Jack3d. Wish me luck bros.

Hey, would you mind throwing me in whatever the cop version of your DD-93 is before you go?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

Hey, would you mind throwing me in whatever the cop version of your DD-93 is before you go?

:stare: That's messed up, man.

My max HR only got upto the 160s at its peak. Get on my level.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I had a heart rate of 195 on the stationary bike one day. Pretty sure that's not good.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

I had a heart rate of 195 on the stationary bike one day. Pretty sure that's not good.

:stonk: Were you like, 18?

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yah this was like 2 months ago.

Rrail fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2012

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
edit: wtf double post god drat steve jobs and his iphone

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

heart rate max if you're going by the fox and haskell equation (220-age) is not very accurate. So Rrail you get that fuckin heart rate up there and you keep pedaling until your heart explodes due to massive rip-it ingestion and teryaki beef jerky.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thanks Doc.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rrail posted:

edit: wtf double post god drat steve jobs and his iphone

No that's because you use awful.app

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Guys I have to go run today, today is a run day.

I loving hate running, I hate it so much, I wish I could just not have to run and magically be good at it.

:(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

overdesigned posted:

I loving hate running, I hate it so much, I wish I could just not have to run and magically be good at it.

You know who I loving hate? People who can do just that - sit on their rear end for 6 months drinking and smoking and then still run a 13 flat.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

overdesigned posted:

Is this for a PT test or for exercise? If its just for exercise, and you hate it, don't do it. I hated running all my childhood, so I swam and biked instead. When I had to take PT tests in school, my run was still good because I built up my cardio with the other stuff.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Well it's for exercise mostly, but I do want to get better/faster at my 3-mile PFT time, 24-ish is pretty "meh" especially for soon-to-be O's.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Is this for a PT test or for exercise? If its just for exercise, and you hate it, don't do it. I hated running all my childhood, so I swam and biked instead. When I had to take PT tests in school, my run was still good because I built up my cardio with the other stuff.

I think this really only works for shorter distances. The only way I've found that I can get faster is by running - even when I'm doing 30 minutes of elliptical or stairs along with my usual lifting workout, the only thing that improves my 2 mile time is a mixture of long distance runs (3+ miles) and 400 meter repeats. This might be due to the shift that occurs between the 1.5-2 mile range where your body transitions to pure aerobic glycolosis.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 20, 2012

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

I think this really only works for shorter distances. The only way I've found that I can get faster is by running - even when I'm doing 30 minutes of elliptical or stairs along with my usual lifting workout, the only thing that improves my 2 mile time is a mixture of long distance runs (3+ miles) and 400 meter repeats. This might be due to the shift that occurs between the 1.5-2 mile range where your body transitions to pure aerobic glycolosis.

To be fair, its pretty difficult to get a good aerobic workout from an elliptical. And most people cheat on stairmasters.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

To be fair, its pretty difficult to get a good aerobic workout from an elliptical. And most people cheat on stairmasters.

I do no hands like a boss.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Welp just did 2x1 mile sprints in 6:20 and 6:58 sooooo hey I guess it went okay.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Completed a goruck challenge in New Orleans this past weekend. We ended up going 21.63 miles in 11 hours. Carried a log, swam through a swamp (that we discovered had alligators after the fact), and did some wacky poo poo on bourbon street. If you ever wanted to hang out with some bad mother fuckers sign up for one and go for it. We were drinking beer the entire time and going nuts.

rocket lad
Feb 3, 2004
omfgyouguyz
A handful of us are going to the one in Charlotte this summer. Looking forward to it, and glad there's plenty of time to prepare for it.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Any of you guys live at Ft. Riley? I need running partners and all of my friends think cardio is for losers.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
They are correct.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Abs, biceps, and chest gets you laid.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Cardio gets you laid again after you can go for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Motivate Motivate

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
That image always makes me laugh because the first time I ever saw it was when someone had photoshopped the order of the pictures in the opposite order so that he got fatter over time, and then pasted a video game logo over it, suggesting that he started playing and went from swole to fluff.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Pretty impressive, even if he looks like he needs more popped collars as time goes on. How long did it take to lose 130 lbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Christoff posted:

Motivate Motivate

I like at the very end he just decided "I don't ever want a good job" and got his ears gauged.