Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

This seems appropriate for this discussion:

Solution, just get really drunk until about 6am, then run a 17 minute 3 mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

not caring here posted:

Actually, best I've ever done on runs was in Korea after a night of drinking beer.

Not hungover, jesus christ, but with a semi-solid buzz going on. I figured something about carbohydrates or whatever.

I think it has more to do with being numbed to the normal pain you'd get in your legs, back, or lungs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

psydude posted:

Gotta make it as far as possible with those bangalores before you're liquefied by artillery.

Gonna write this one down, only if for epitomizing my hatred of running in the day and age of mechanized warfare.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kaliber posted:

Hit legs in the gym, light weight, high rep drop sets, did a 10 minute cool down on the bike, abs, and went to Teddy's Bigger Burger for a double with cheese and bacon.

Gotta git those carbs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Well that's dumb. I kind of thought it meant these nice ColdAvenger ski masks which are pretty nice.

Right, but is it nice?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ManOfTheYear posted:

A quality post, thank you. There's a park and a bit of forest a few kliks away, I could go there with a bicycle. It would be a bit more time consuming but probably be worth it. And yes, running is super gay.

Wait, what

Dude, you do judo and calisthenics and poo poo already, a mile won't be a challenge as long as you don't completely stop PT and start binge drinking and pounding pizza every night between now and then.

You'll be fine.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Also, don't be a pussy. Just because you're out of breath doesn't mean you need to stop, especially after 7 goddamn minutes.

Unless you have a heart condition or whatever, but then you wouldn't be going into the military with that I'd hope.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ashmole posted:

Depends on your MOS really. As a tanker, running is just a time waster...weights (and donuts) are more beneficial to us due to having to carry rounds, move stuff onto the tank, and having to pull people out of it.

Yeah, this exactly.

Tank and APC crews are gonna be moving roadwheels, breaking tracks, and lifting tow bars and main gun rounds and poo poo, so lifting is critical for them.

For SF dudes, they do a lot of walking, and a lot of rucking, and a lot of trying to avoid getting shot at if at all possible, and if they do it's because they just blew in the door and sprayed the room with machine guns.

Kinda more cardio-centric, I think.

Pilots can just gently caress off and jerk each other off between bombing runs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Best cardio is giving manly hugs to men and hip tossing them like ragdolls.

Not homo

Only gay if the eyes lock.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm not denying that cardio is good for you but running loving blows and there's a million other ways to get your heart rate up

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If taking cock in the rear end were easy, everyone would do it.

Some correlation here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Nice and hot piss posted:

My plan in October is to run 200 miles during the month, WHO'S WITH ME!?!?

gently caress that and gently caress you