Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Either way, pre-workouts are great for guaranteeing a poop before weight lifting.

And having to piss inbetween lifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Martello posted:

I had an APFT this morning, but the whole time I was envisioning sexual intercourse to confuse my muscles.

Seriously though, was it a bad idea to take naproxen before an APFT? I scored a 277 so it was okay but I'm just wondering if maybe I would have run faster without it or whatever. I suck at running, thus the 277. Maxed situps and pushups, 1520 on the run.

All that long hair is increasing your drag.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Thump! posted:

I think it has more to do with being numbed to the normal pain you'd get in your legs, back, or lungs.

This might explain how my run time improved by like 30 seconds on the APFT I took in March: there was a 15 degree wind chill and I couldn't feel anything below my knees.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yeah the new poo poo doesn't do anything for me and it comes in an even smaller container. :wtf:

Can't you just use the coke you confiscate from GW/Georgetown kids?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Martello posted:

Maybe? What does he lift? I was repping 265 when I injured myself originally. I thought psydude lifted a lot too?

I haven't done bar bench in a while, but I currently rep 200 on dumbbell bench so I'm probably around there.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Martello posted:

I ran it in 32 back in the day, which I could absolutely never do right now.

That's legitimately impressive.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Peak physical condition me used to do 33-34 minute 5 miles and 42-43 minute 6 mile runs because all we loving did was run. I was also certifiably retarded then too.

Gotta make it as far as possible with those bangalores before you're liquefied by artillery.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Last PT score was a cool 255, which I'm pretty sure was like the 6th highest score in the company. :chord:

So anyway, after a May where it was in the 30s on some nights and barely got above 70 most days, the weather this past week just decided to start being hot again. Needless to say, when I encountered 95 degrees and 75% humidity during my run yesterday afternoon it kicked my rear end. Time to start heat conditioning.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't really get their marketing strategy. All of the gyms I've been to have the free weight section separated from the machine section and cardio section so that the casual workout crew doesn't have to deal with the roid-machines if they don't want to.

On a side note, I really need to join a spin class because oh my god the asses.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I move too often to justify owning gym equipment.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Much like the only way to get better at running is more running.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Veins McGee posted:

The only reason to run is so you look good for your boyfriend.

I always knew there was a reason why marines do a 5k.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Who uses every bit of equipment a gym has and what gym only charges 30/mo? I pay 50 for an old school powerlifting/bodybuilder gym and that's ridiculously low.

Do you live somewhere extremely expensive? I pay $25/mo for Golds in the DC area. That includes all of the equipment and classes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

I'm 6'3" and 225 it said my BMI is 28.6. What the poo poo?

6'5" and 235 puts me at 27.9.

The screening weight for my height for the 17-20 age group was 218. The only time I ever beat it was after I had mono and looked like I was from Ethiopia.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

So you're saying I have tested negative for twink.
Yippee

No, your man-boning already confirmed that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Veins McGee posted:

I, too, am eating a pizza.

Woah now, if you aren't careful you're gonna need to make a whole new pair of jorts.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I cut out soda like a month ago. I should probably stop drinking as much, too.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Am I reading this correctly: he was sent to ranger school before IBOLC? Was he a snowbird?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah, the HIIT/cardio portion of it is kind of a nice change up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ashmole posted:

I started doing situps on the glute ham thing a couple of weeks ago. Holy poo poo I'm starting to see abs.

What's a glute ham thing?

psydude fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 20, 2013

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

e: drat you awful app

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

SF is something I've been wanting to do for a while. Since it's with a guard company, if I make it through training and get tabbed I can do that thing and still attend a top-notch school. Other than dying or being horribly injured, there really are no downsides.

I know it's moto or whatever

Have you spoken with the detachment you're trying out with yet? Because guard SF units tend to deploy/go TDY with about the same frequency as their active duty counterparts, which could be pretty disruptive when it comes to your schooling.

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 3, 2013

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

So I'm starting to get back into running after a few months off due to a knee issue, and I've been noticing the fronts of my ankles and top of forefoot break out in uncomfortable, itchy hives a few minutes in. It's making it very difficult to get any sort of rhythm or distance. Anybody else ever have this happen? It's really frustrating :smith:

Maybe you're allergic to the dye in the athletic socks you're wearing?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

not caring here posted:

I see the babby LTs coming through BOLC, and the amount of loving running they do, yeah, you should try and be as lean as possible to save your joints from the idiocy of all that running.

The new OER specifically includes a block for your last marathon time.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Rather do crossfit than the elliptical.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

rather not go to the gym than go on an elliptical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I enjoy that guy's posting.