Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I do starting strength m/w/f and run mon-sat. Lift days are my light runs. Light runs are 1.5-3mi, Sat is a long 6-7 mi, and t/th are usually 4-5. The distance I run in a given week depends on where I run and how I feel after class or drinking. Been doing this since December and it's pretty awesome. Seems like a lot of running but I'm not retarded and actually know how to train properly. :smug:

Protip: do running drills and stretches. Army PRT is useless. Look up poo poo that track and cross country athletes do to avoid injury/improve form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Godholio posted:

I can't tell if these are all real product names or if you guys are just loving around. :(

They are all very real. On that note...has anyone tried N'Sane? Supposedly it's way more potent than Jack3d. My friend swears by it, but he won't let me try any because it's ridiculously expensive.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Pinuyasha posted:

Lyle McDonald has already looked into this, with sources.

If high protein intake caused kidney stones, then we'd see a massive number of cases given how much meat is consumed in the average American diet. Not to mention the many bodybuilders and athletes out there who consume mass amounts of protein with no problems.

I've regularly consumed 200g or more daily for the past 1 1/2 years and I've had no ill effects. It's more bullshit vegans and vegetarians try to push to make their lovely diet sound better.

My younger brother gets kidney stones all the time and doesn't eat any meat. On the other hand, all the meat eaters in the family are perfectly fine. My older brother and I both take protein supplements, too. :iiam:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

psydude posted:

You just need to party so hard one night that the resulting hangover slingshots you into a period of sobriety.

That is now why I am officially nicotine free :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I find that I don't get depressed and/or miss that "stress relieving" smoke if I keep myself busy at all times. When I'm tired I snack on fruits and healthy things. My greatest enemy is boredom.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MurderBot posted:

Oh, and am I the only gipper here that likes to bike?

I have a nice road bike that I use every once in a while, but I do it less out of enjoyment and more for cardio when my legs feel too beat up to run. I bike maybe 20-30 miles tops at a time. I dunno, I get bored with it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

psydude posted:

A few people have talked about cutting back on drinking. I realize this will be about as popular as banning Affliction shirts from the PX, but is there any interest in doing a GiP month long sobriety challenge?

People will die from the withdrawal alone...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

PT test in March drill, can't wait. :woop:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

So basically if I go to Ft. Sill this summer for some classes, I am hosed with using any useful supplements? Are there any decent alternatives for something like Jack3d that would be similar in results but allowed by the Army?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That's what I would do if it weren't going to be three months. I picked dates that would fit it into one long, long summer, so I my college academics wouldn't be interrupted. It's three AFATDS classes and a Bradley FST class. Basically 12 weeks straight of total bullshit sweet, sweet BAH. I mean I've worked out without supplements for years; whey protein has been a staple since the beginning of time, but I only started using other stuff fairly recently. It'd be nice to be able to use something. Otherwise, eating as much protein as possible will be my only option. Vitamins, too, I guess.

Or what about that crazy stupid caffeine thing from W&W? ;) Seriously that sounds dumb as hell what's up with this?

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 29, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My diet involves eating and drinking whatever I want...in moderation. Also, I tend to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, with maybe one of five meals being large. The big meal is usually lunch so I have more time to digest. It works pretty well and it's loving delicious.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I decided to start playing basketball again, and the first thing I do is gently caress up my knee. :downs: I'm gonna stick to lifting for now...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Is anyone interested in the Pendleton Mud Run in June?? I want to make a team but my friends are all fat and lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That's my brigade...if that pic is from 2008 Iraq then I probably know someone who has seen him

e: proudly rocking the Battle Stapler