Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Jaysus posted:

Absolutely. Don't you dare try to do any cardio on that poo poo, though.

You will puke your brains out unless you're some freak.

:cmon: I do ten mile runs on this poo poo. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Christoff posted:

Enjoy your future heart transplant if you're using both of those concurrently. :psypop:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

gleep glop posted:

Being forced to pay for lovely food I didn't eat and all the horrible things associated with living in the barracks are the reasons the army has so many divorces. If I ever find myself active duty again, and the army gives gay marriages the same benefits of straight ones, I'm so going to marry one of my buddies.

I'm available since Helldump Immunity seems to have left me. :qq:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Look at all of these "retards" in here taking Multi-Vitamins. Ya'll must be feeling -pretty- stupid right now. :mmmsmug:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Creatine is pretty damned safe, as long as its used properly just like with anything. Its probably one of the most researched supps out there.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

old dog child posted:

My younger brother gets kidney stones all the time and doesn't eat any meat. On the other hand, all the meat eaters in the family are perfectly fine. My older brother and I both take protein supplements, too. :iiam:

I've been using protein (whey and casein) for six years now and I've never once gotten a kidney stone. :iiam:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

gleep glop posted:

Speaking of which this is probably a good enough thread for this.

Last Wednesday I ended a three year pack a day habit. I went cold turkey and haven't cheated. It's going great except that I've felt kind of depressed the last few days. Any ex tobacco users experience that while quitting?

My buddy is going through the exact same thing, but a five year habit. Depressed as poo poo. But he just keeps his mouth busy with chewing gum and works out daily, takes the edge off I guess.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

This is what makes quitting drinking a challenge. I have to find ways to entertain myself on weeknights other than sitting on the couch and watching TV.

Get a girlfriend? v:shobon:v Or a boyfriend, that's cool too man. :911:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

MurderBot posted:

Oh, and am I the only gipper here that likes to bike?

Why do you hate your testicles?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Gonna do a 5 mile run hopped up on Jack3d. Wish me luck bros.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

Hey, would you mind throwing me in whatever the cop version of your DD-93 is before you go?

:stare: That's messed up, man.

My max HR only got upto the 160s at its peak. Get on my level.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

overdesigned posted:

Guys I have to go run today, today is a run day.

I loving hate running, I hate it so much, I wish I could just not have to run and magically be good at it.

:(

Is this for a PT test or for exercise? If its just for exercise, and you hate it, don't do it. I hated running all my childhood, so I swam and biked instead. When I had to take PT tests in school, my run was still good because I built up my cardio with the other stuff.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

I think this really only works for shorter distances. The only way I've found that I can get faster is by running - even when I'm doing 30 minutes of elliptical or stairs along with my usual lifting workout, the only thing that improves my 2 mile time is a mixture of long distance runs (3+ miles) and 400 meter repeats. This might be due to the shift that occurs between the 1.5-2 mile range where your body transitions to pure aerobic glycolosis.

To be fair, its pretty difficult to get a good aerobic workout from an elliptical. And most people cheat on stairmasters.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mister Man posted:

The Planet Fitness in my home town had "Pizza Nights" every week after they opened.

Pretty sure this is a thing at all of the PF's. They're pretty horrendous in terms of encouraging people to work out and better themselves. From my limited experience with them, I'd say they're more for the people that are comfortable with hunching over a treadmill for a half-hour at a moderate walk and calling that a workout.

I'm not a "lunk" but when I'm doing deadlifts and power lifts, I definitely drop the weights as its pretty difficult not to.

The gym I go to now has a pretty active raquetball club and they're always sitting there at night drinking beer and eating pizza in between their games. Pretty frustrating having to smell that poo poo when you're trying to work out.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

My girlfriend does yoga, its awesome. :allears:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

So, I'm gonna start wearing a mouth guard at the gym because I've noticed I clench my teeth on heavy squats. Can't wait to look like an rear end in a top hat. :(

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hell Diver posted:

Well, no more minimalist running shoes for me. I'm fairly fresh off my profile for my broken big toe and I lost some range of motion in it so my foot doesn't roll as naturally anymore. It doesn't bother me if I have thicker soled shoes since they stabilize the foot, but my minimus don't so after each run my ankle and knee just end up aching from taking the impact awkwardly and rolling strangely.

Guess I'm going shoe shopping.

drat, that sucks man. I love my Vibrams. Guess just go to an actual running store and get proper shoes. v:shobon:v

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rrail posted:

I would love to try some Vibrams but the idea of walking around with toe-shoes on and the ridicule that will/should come with that keeps me from it.

You don't know what you're missing out on. I've converted at least a dozen people to them. They're fantastic, if not fashionable.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Christoff posted:

Wait, what? Dairy is bad for you? Seriously man? I mean don't chug a gallon of whole milk everyday but I'd much rather drink dairy for the health benefits than worry about the possible weight gain it'd give me. Or cancer. Not all fat is bad fat. I drink skim anyways.

Also, eat the loving egg yolks guys. It's where all the nutrients are. It's not loving bad for you unless you already have cholesterol issues.

Go vegan? What?

Bunch of loving girls. Stop worrying about denying yourself from something completely. There's something called moderation.

Vibrams own. Telling people who give me poo poo for them to f off owns. (They're NAVADMIN approved)

This post owns. It should be the OP. gently caress the haters.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

How dare you use animals as beasts of burden! If you truly wanted to be vegan, you'd fertilize your plants with your own poop!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Are you cheating on me HI? :colbert:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

smertrioslol posted:

Medium pizza does not translate into definition in your abs. Cut that out.

It doesn't sound like he's trying to get cut, but rather bulk up. A lot of people will "dirty" bulk to get weight on since its easier and cheaper.

Just starting my summer lean down cycle next week. Gonna suck cutting down my carbs. :(

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

Right, but what he's pointing out is that the reason why you're losing definition in your abs from throwing down a medium pizza every night is because it's making you fat, not muscular.

Even clean bulking results in loss of definition. Hence you cut back down and shape the mass you added.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

smertrioslol posted:

No, he creeped me out. Than he saw me later after I finished my shower and informed me that "THAT IS A CLASSY TATTOO SON."

I really hope it wasn't HI.

I hope it was. :allears:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kaliber posted:

I got dropped from the ranger school program thing they are doing in ALC because my run time really really really sucks. I did 5 miles in 39:30. First time in the whole month I been here I was able to finally make time.... 1SG here at ALC wants people to do atleast 36 before he blesses them for pre ranger. I feel so lovely I want to lay in bed and never get up

drat, dude. 39:30 is nothing to sneeze at. 36... :stare:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

gently caress Cross Fit. Not so much the exercises, they're pretty functional and give you a good workout. But, the gyms and the people that associate with them are insufferable.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I have a coworker that only does Cross Fit and Krav Maga. He may be the epitome of elitist fitness douchebag. The punch line being he's not -that- in shape, but he sure likes to act like it.

Oh, and to top it off he does the Paleo diet.

And he's an Army SSG :ssh:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

psydude posted:

Does he do it up in Columbia?

Nope, not in MD. Somewhere in VA.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yeah its about the same around DC, but I've seen higher as well. When I ask how they justify it they get indignant and ramble about how you're paying for the experience and access to top notch equipment and trainers.

Cool selling point, guy. With 1,800 dollars I can probably afford to buy my own oversized truck tire, rope, and olympic bar with plates.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

smertrioslol posted:

Are you planning on meeting your future ex-wife there or something? I couldn't even take this seriously the one time I saw it on base. It was a bunch of (mostly fat) wives and one hot instructor doing awful dance moves. Even the fatties barely looked like they broke a sweat.

This horribly agitating NCO I work with swears by it. She also swears that running "is no longer a challenge to me like Zumba is." She gets an 80 on her PT test.

Zumba: Because some people can't afford to buy Dance Dance Revolution.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kaliber posted:

This girl from my unit said she isn't going to fall for my lines to get into her pants.... Fast forward a few weeks I told her I would do a few runs with her and signed up for one. Then encouraged her to do a marathon and somehow agreed to it too.... I'm 100% positive I'm getting laid as soon as I see her.... But I'm also running 26 loving miles... I ran the 5 for the ranger thing and almost died...... Now I have to run that and 21 more... The poo poo i do for pussy.

:stare:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rrail posted:

Should I go to the gym with my basketball shorts but then also my normal belt around my waist and gun???? Should I pull it on him?

I just want to not hear his lovely music.

Aren't you a rich contractor? Buy some high speed noise-cancelling earphones and get on with life. God drat.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Anybody that wastes money on expensive earphones for the gym is a retard. I burn through at least three pairs a year.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Has anybody tried MusclePharm Assault? Picked up a tub from Amazon (Prime shipping :swoon:) and curious if anybody else has used it and their opinions.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

TheUnhorse posted:

Is anyone using a hornless bike saddle? Heard those are good for your taint/prostate/junk.

We have them on our bicycles at work and they're pretty damned comfortable. Not nearly as rough on the taint area.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Welp, the FDA is working on getting DMAA taken out of the system. You may recognize it as the active ingredient in Jack3d, Cellucor C4, 1MR, MusclePharm Assault and Hydroxycut.

The new Jack3d, as far as I'm aware, does not contain DMAA. Unsurprisingly, its poo poo and does nothing.

Off to try the next PWO craze. :suicide:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

^^^
You could absolutely find some meathead that would pay good money for half a tub of original Jack3d.

holocaust bloopers posted:

I don't believe DMAA is in Assault or C4. When Jack3d was taken off of base GNC shelves, those other two were on there. I can't speak for the others.

They may have changed their recipe before the FDA slapped their wee wee, but it was definitely in their original recipes. Unless the FDA is completely wrong in its listing of mixtures in violation. :shrug:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

All of the products I mentioned in my previous post are still on the market. the manufacturers have just changed their recipes.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kick-Puncher posted:

The new "original" jack3d has DMAA HCL in it. Totally, 100%, no lying different than straight up DMAA. Probably the exact same thing with a tweaked molecule or something but it doesnt seem to work like the old stuff did.

Yeah the new poo poo doesn't do anything for me and it comes in an even smaller container. :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Captain Amerikkka posted:

I'm the exact opposite. I run to get my targets over with as fast as humanly possible. I don't want to spend 50 minutes running five miles. Running is the most tortuous form of exercise for me, but unfortunately it's also the most effective in terms of losing weight/trimming bodyfat.

Swimming! :science: