Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Rrail posted:

Yah this isn't DoD they don't let the servant-class talk to or interact with the Americans.

Seriously there is a really weird dynamic. If they bump into you they apologize profusely. Even if they are ahead of you in line at chow they will get out of your way. I don't know how to explain it.

The deference is almost embarrassing to me. The attitude extends to a lot of the Americans working here as well, like my room is one of the old connex rooms that the army was using before they left, and we are in the middle of a changeover to wet chu's, so I am surrounded by Ugandans who are 2,3 or even 4 to a room, while I get one to myself, with a couch, and tv and poo poo. I have had the dude (American) in charge of billeting come up and apologize for not moving me out yet, like expecting me to be offended that he should dare place me where I can see the servants or something. It is especially bad when you talk to some of the Ugandans, and they have been doing security work for 15 years, and were deep woods bush trackers before that, along with having wives and kids and I just don't know man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU