Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoxdT2xhra8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MurderBot posted:

Itso facto, doesn't help out and you'll probably lift/run/do whatever worse than you previously do.

Look at this meathead trying to use 5 dollars words and failing :haw:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

Had my PT test for my OCS board administered today. I don't know what got into me but I busted out a 12:10 2 mile run, a personal best. My heart feels like it's going to explode. gently caress I hate running.

Nice time tortoise :thumbsup:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
start running

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ManOfTheYear posted:

A quality post, thank you. There's a park and a bit of forest a few kliks away, I could go there with a bicycle. It would be a bit more time consuming but probably be worth it. And yes, running is super gay.

Wait, what

dude, you're talking about running less than a loving mile. unless you are insanely fat and crippled, you should be able to do that pretty easily. if you are worried about concrete loving up your brittle joints, find a local highschool or something and run on their track.

you have a year. to run a mile.

you are making this way harder than you need to.

most military nerds end up getting broken because running in formation almost every day on asphalt for 5+ miles isnt really great on your legs.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Thump! posted:

binge drinking and pounding pizza every night

this is pretty much what i do and im pretty sure i could still pull off an 8 minute mile

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
egm gotta be built like a brick shithouse

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
whip, please embed this song into the thread tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_6pnKzPUc

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
good luck catching him

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zotix posted:

The problem is, I'm not able to run that long of a distance at the moment. I'm working my way up, but at most I can probably do 7 minutes or so before I need to stop. Additionally, I don't think I can do starting strength, because I don't have access to barbells, just dumbbell weights.

keep loving running holy poo poo. not being able to run more than 7 minutes is sad. run every day maybe 2 times a day, morning and evening. you will lose weight and get better at running. magic

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yep you could probably keep running and get your 2nd wind but seems youre bitching out as soon as it gets hard

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

just start shooting meth into your dick

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Not a proponent of straps myself unless you are going really heavy. if you can out pull your grip than you should probably work on your grip. On a related note, I'm taking this week off thanks to tweaking my back on Friday doing said deadlifts. My own fault, kept pushing when I knew I was tired and as a result let my form break down. Nothing too bad but I don't mess around with lower back stuff because it just makes everything you do painful. Next round of deadlifts will be a deload though just to be safe.

i slipped a disc in my lower back years ago and it still nags me to this day poo poo sucks

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

hit 375 on back squats for 13 reps and had to stop because of a nose bleed.

ARGGGGHHHH

post a pic of your glutes tia

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

No, he's a loving retard. He flat out said bench press doesn't build strength which is objectively incorrect. Furthermore 'functional strength' is a bullshit buzzword which is how he tried to couch his argument. Building strength, which bench press does, helps you get better at all physical activities, full stop. Funny how his OP has some snarky c comment about 'what you read on the internet' when he is all about 'the core' and 'functional fitness', the two biggest bs phrases going in regards to fitness.

pretty funny when some dweeb posts some poo poo on an internet forum about not believing things you read on the internet. should be a clear indication of limited brain function. retard is just upset over his bird chest

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

29.99 for a 24/7 local place(25% vet discount). The owner/trainers/clientele are big into Crossfit. I usually lift after midnight so the only other person I see is a lady that looks like a Holocaust survivor.

like a decrepit old jew lady? if you dont rail her then hang your head in shame, rah?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

put on pack, climb some hills

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kick-Puncher posted:

This is where I am at right now. He is safe for another year I think he has to go two years without passing a record test. He passed the last one because of a profile and some bullshit regulation.

Yelling and smoking do nothing other than bring tears and vomit.

unless youre combat arms you should stop giving such a gently caress you goddamn weirdo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i never work out

i just lie about it on the internet

same

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Running for fun is gayer than reading

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pls dont actually put yayo up your butt

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
actually the human body is slow as poo poo thats why we made guns and missiles and stuff so we dont have to run around like assholes to eat

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

bench 225 for 13 (sprained my wrist on like rep 10)

:magical:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I lost like 10 lbs in like 6 months and I'm still losing weight :gbsmith:

how fat are you?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

I don't work out and now weigh 160lbs

fuckin twig status lmbo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

NTT posted:

Finished day 3 of Stronglifts 5x5, I'm interested to see if the method works well enough to hit that 175kg goal in 12 weeks

get that communist measurement system the gently caress outta here

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

Stop that
Crunches etc are bro-science nonsense

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
like i dont do crunches but my lower back is a loving catastrophe

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

Immediately above my knee caps like where it meets your quads. Has to be from the constant running we did in OCS, pretty much every day we were either doing sprints or running a few miles. Quite a few other guys from my platoon have the same issues, the other platoon in my company didn't do nearly as much running.

that pain youre feeling is weakness leaving your nasty civilian body as you transform into a killing machine for uncle sam

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

i can fight a place to do pull ups. also as far as weights all i got is like two 20 pound hand weights my man.

i want to
1. look more muscley i guess
2. get wicked sick PFA scores

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

i use my hands wrt to the weights you see

anyways all i do is like 5 sets of 20 reps of over head presses, curls, and whatever the side lifts are called

then like the same amount of sets/reps for crunches/sit-ups/bicycles

enjoy your little bitch muscles

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
n4i please embed this song into the thread thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_6pnKzPUc

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

everyone gets 100 situps

he had a buddy fucker counting, but the twist is the buddy fucker was his own mind

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
jjdidtiebuckle

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

at a bar, only two people have ever commented on the size of my arms.
1- a dude, who said I looked like a more muscular tom cruise
2- a chick, who said that dudes with big arms tend to have tiny dicks. I told her its only because of my thunder thighs.

lmbo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im so hard right now

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

I have reached my target weight of 186.
I have a new target weight of 180.
Which will become 175 once i get to 180.

I am however still """"fat""""

how tall are you 5'2?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MurderBot posted:

All joking aside, that dude is actually capable of doing a pull-up which is 100% more than about 90% of the population of America.

chin didnt pass the bar none of em counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i got a home gym and zero motivation to use it these days. gently caress going to a real gym tho. instead ill just gradually get fat and weak