Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I never work out unless I'm at work, I get a 260, which is on the high end for my unit so I've really got no desire to improve.

I need a training buddy or something shiny to motivate me to actually try for things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm going to Ireland in April and I've gained 5 pounds due to my post-broken toe inactivity and incessant drinking, so count me in on the challenge for this month. I've been drinking like a fish recently, but coming down on PCS orders has made life a lot more bearable.

I'll even try to go to that gym thing.

But all bets are off in April. I'm going to the St. James Gate brewery and just gonna stick my mouth under a tap, man.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, I'm in.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well, no more minimalist running shoes for me. I'm fairly fresh off my profile for my broken big toe and I lost some range of motion in it so my foot doesn't roll as naturally anymore. It doesn't bother me if I have thicker soled shoes since they stabilize the foot, but my minimus don't so after each run my ankle and knee just end up aching from taking the impact awkwardly and rolling strangely.

Guess I'm going shoe shopping.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

psydude posted:

Why not just get free runs?

I have some that I wore before switching to the Minimus that I can try going back to. They're 3.0s, but still have a reasonable sole on them. I went ahead and picked up some gel-soled traditional running shoes that seem to be the best route for the short term. My calves are going to hate going back to a full shoe, but I'd rather get used to running again that way and then slowly transition back down once I've gotten comfortable with any changes to my stride.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

psydude posted:

I thought the standard at Ranger School was 40 minutes?

It is and the apft standard is only 180 but if that's all you get you might as well just call it a day and hop the next train to baby town, because you're the new mayor.

Hoorah wardog?? Git sum.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey Army send me to ranger school. I'll be one hooah mother fuckin reporter.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Have you tried flexing until they run away scared?

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Dick swings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

barbudo posted:

Squats are useless anyway

Kind of like showers.