Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you can't motivate yourself, then gtfo you weak hearted piece of poo poo. I don't even work out to music. Just the voices in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ArbitraryTA posted:

So I enlisted in the Army and am in DEP, and I'm shaving down my run time to at least the required 8 minutes for the 1 mile so I can actually ship to Basic. I've got a bit more than a month at this point and seem to have plateaued at 10 minutes. Anyone have any suggestions as far as running form or anything? I try to run a mile a day at the very least but I haven't seen any improvement for a couple of weeks where previously it has been steady improvement.

I don't know if it's just a mental thing or not, but instead of pushing myself I tend to just pace myself, slow down when I start to run out of breath instead of just keeping on even if I feel like poo poo, stuff like that.

First of all, run more than a mile... The 1 mile time is just to ship and you will never only run a mile in the army. One mile is not enough running to really build your cardio. You also half answered your own question. Stop feeling sorry for yourself when you get tired. Man the gently caress up and drive on. If you aren't puking when you are done running, you could have ran harder.

e: also, breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

tyler fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 30, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Crossposting because holy loving lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxRhtZLItY

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo bros anyone else doing the murph wod post your times here

lol

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lookit this shitbag. The only time I went to sick call was to get 18 stitches.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

"Hand weights"

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cut the weight to harness your true power.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm trying to push through a SF Prep Plan to keep myself busy during the winter. The weights and runs are no problem, but I'm dying on the swims. Does anyone have advice on how to get through this? Should I pause until I build those swimming skills? How does an adult get better at swimming anyways?

The best way to get good at a thing, is to do the thing over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Down 7 lbs in the past month :toot:

Nice