Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Sacrist65 posted:

if you're newish at this
https://stronglifts.com

Chances are high that you won't have access to bumper plates, so this works better than starting strength.

I loved it. I got up to 2x bodyweight deadlifts in about 6 months.

5/3/1 or madcow if you something more advanced. My stronger friends swear by 5/3/1.

Boo stronglifts yay 5/3/1

I plateaued on SL a couple years ago at like a 255ish squat. It’s too much volume. I’ve just repped that today as training weight after going from being out of shape. It’s also 100 times more flexible of a program. SL is just a mediocre ripoff of SS, which is still better anyway.

And on 5/3/1 you can do other poo poo on top of it since you’re only destroying your core and legs twice a week.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

no I have a YMCA member (I use it for running) but I just want a regular pumping weights routine IE bench presses

5/3/1 is only bench overhead squat and deads which should be available in a Y.

Plus you can substitute with basically any lift that is easy to load to a maximal level.

5/3/1 is my favorite by far because of the low volume despite good results, so I can do a shitload of running, swimming and other like climbing and BJJ without squatting three times a week and hating my life.