Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

psydude posted:

Man I'll tell you what: after observing the run portion of a makeup PT test this past weekend where 14 took it and only 5 people pass, it's really motivated me to never wind up like that.

Our course is only about 1.8 miles long, by the way.
Man, I :siren:HATE:siren: running but I feel like at least on the AF side you have to really try to not pass the run. Minimum for 20-somethings is 1.5 miles in around 13:37. People somehow fail it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just a random thought, but the worst thing I'm finding about minimalist running especially on the internet is the sheer amount of :smug: from the people that do it

Wearing Merrills doesn't make you an enlightened demigod

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MurderBot posted:

South park and the smugness of hybrid drivers is about the equivalent to runners and minimalists. Although to be fair I've run in five fingers, and I compete in Newton racing flats.. and they are pretty comfortable.

I wear New Balance Minimus trail shoes for running myself, so I'm not knocking it per se, I've just never felt like I'm somehow some amazing person for wearing shoes with no heel. The SP comparison was also the first thing I thought of as well.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l68AYuXpDhE

I don't even know

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I find that I run better and longer when not on a traditional track. The best 1.5 mi PT test run I ever had was ran on a down-and-back course, and I've been able to run distances I normally never thought I could do like when I run around a park or around the flight line. Put me on a circular 1/4 mile track, especially for a test, and it fucks with me and I slow down. I don't think I've prepared any differently, but it's just this annoying mental block.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

http://imgur.com/a/FlRQI

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So I'm starting to get back into running after a few months off due to a knee issue, and I've been noticing the fronts of my ankles and top of forefoot break out in uncomfortable, itchy hives a few minutes in. It's making it very difficult to get any sort of rhythm or distance. Anybody else ever have this happen? It's really frustrating :smith:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Two more months and I'll have my wish :unsmigghh:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The secret to avoid running injures is by not running.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What branch and what parts of the test do you suck at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have a knee ailment that comes back every once in a while I probably got from having to run on concrete 3 times a week for 8 months. Thanks Keesler!