Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
my gayns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

life hack: you can leave 2 plates on one side of a regular olympic bar but not 3.

vains
May 26, 2004

NTT posted:

Squats on friday seems the easiest fix.

If you can always work out when you want to, and the equipment you want is there, I would just use the gym on post. Especially if your civ gym is a bitch about chalk.

friday is for curls.

vains
May 26, 2004

elite_garbage_man posted:

put all your back stuff in 1 day you pussy

the man with square proportions would know.

also, unless youre doing 8 or 9 sets, it seems like youre doing really low volume.

vains
May 26, 2004

MurderBot posted:

Truth. Forget this whole "functional fitness" crap about how bicep curls are pointless. Having gnar bi's is cool regardless of what you want to achieve in life physically.

the people that are/were big on functional fitness are:
formerly fat it nerds that just discovered deadlifting
the same people that ate tubs of lard for that weird diet
i.e. loving weirdo dorks

i'm going to hover over any equipment if the dude is using less than two plates. the pink weights are in the yoga studio, bitch.

vains
May 26, 2004

in the cruelest of ironies, curls don't get curls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

your body doesnt really trans-subtantiate muscle for fat. youre just losing weight because youre eating at a deficit, intentionally or not, and the muscle mass you have is being revealed.

you can kind of see the same thing in body builders if you look at pictures of them bulked up and then after they cut. its some weird optical illusion.