Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lol if you dont have an olympic bench in your livingroom

:toot:

The bench flips up and I can use it for squats too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I hit my fitness goal last week of 240lbs across the big three. With both squats and dead lift, I start with 180lbs for 10 reps, then add 10lbs to each side of the bar for each set after, topping out with 10 reps of 240 for the fourth and last set. I do the same weight progression and number of sets for bench, but the reps go 10, 8, 6, 4 (or 5 if I'm feeling froggy) for bench. I feel like this is a good place to hold, since I only weigh 170lbs. So :toot: I guess.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hell yeah. I paid much less than a grand though, because most of my weights were purchased via craigslist at the end of semesters when all the brodudes were moving out. Except the kettlebells. Those never come up on craigslist, so I had to buy them new for $Glock.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:boom:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Keep an eye on craigslist, especially if you're in a college town. I managed a full bench and a bunch of dumbbells for $400ish total. It pays to keep an eye out at the end of semesters when all the brodudes are moving out.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The Emperor knows. The Emperor is watching.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Colleges are also nice because the brodudes move out at the end of semesters and post their weight stuff on craigslist. Got a lot of weight for cheap from there. Don't really care that it's standard and not Olympic type; weight is weight.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Seriously you can get swole as gently caress just doing (proper form and not half rear end'n) pull-ups/dips with added weight while ramping it up

I think at my peak I was banging out 6-8 with about 35 lbs. Felt like a beast

My back/bis day starts off with 4 sets of 25 pull ups while wearing my plate carrier w/ 5 loaded mags. 2-3 minute rest in between sets. :getin:

But I'm also socially awkward as gently caress so it's pretty useless.

My life is min/maxed like my Fallout character builds.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

STR +++

CHA 0

(I only use the plate carrier cause I have no other methods of adding weight to myself for pull ups and dips in the house. :shobon:)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

For sandbags I used some old green duffle bags filled with rubber mulch from home depot. I put the mulch in those heavy duty contractor trash bags and put those into the duffle bags, that way it doesn't get out. I was able to pack 65lbs worth of it into one duffle bag. The mulch is pretty cheap, and since it's rubber it won't rot or anything.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You could use a vest. I us a plate carrier with loaded mags for dips and pull ups at home.

Maybe not quite an option in public though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dslxTj_uUwM