Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Helldump Immunity posted:

Just a little revenge for what you and that little tart AB have been doing while I am away

:iceburn:

Took you that long to get the ball gag out, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Swoledudes: I need snacking advice. Using the YLLS quickstart for diet & exercise and myfitnesspal to track calories. My goal is 1750 calories a day, and after a week in I'm finding that I'm hitting about 1500 and really hungry between meals. The guides say to eat lots of fibrous fruits/veggies but I'm starting to get tired of raw veggies. Hard boiled egg whites have also been good but I'm going through eggs pretty damned quick. What else is filling, and fits in a diet?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

5'7" 195 when I started last week, I'm a fatty. Shine's guide made it clear how many grams of each macronutrient I should be getting, but I'm seeing conflicting info on total calorie count. Shine's guide says to add a zero after your current weight, so 1950 calories per day. Myfitnesspal seems to add the zero after the weight I would ike to be, so that's where 1750 comes from. I'm pretty happy with the cavefish lifting routine and cardio but need to know if I should be adding a second glass of Orgain into my diet, along with snacks that fit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tried a few TDEE calculators and they all put me in the 1900-2100 calorie range to lose weight. I don't know how MFP calculated 1750. I need to eat more.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Down 7 lbs in the past month :toot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Jesus Christ. Here I am cutting on 4k cals to try and hit mid-240s so I only have to cut water a little bit to make the 110kg class.

How tall are you?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Has anybody here done the Starting Strength program? I'm not getting tons of returns off the Cavefish routine anymore and I think it's time to move on.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also any recommendation for a bar and compact rack? I know Rogue Fitness is out there and they have really nice stuff but...:20bux::homebrew::20bux:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thanks man. I can't wait to have a space too, but I'm making do in my 1BR. Since my wife lives separately for work I was able to push all the furniture out of the way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

5/3/1 is a bit intimidating because 1. I'm not lifting weights that heavy yet and 2. It's confusing to me. I'm going to read the books for both programs first to get a better idea.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I read about 1/4 of the 5/3/1 book tonight and it makes sense now. He's really clear about the exercise forms and setting up the program.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah I did my first session of Starting Strength yesterday. The book is excellent. Since I'm moving from lifting 4x a week to 3x it gives me more time for conditioning. So lift MWF and HIIT+vanity exercise (abs, curls) TTS. Sunday I rest like usual.

Home gym is starting to come together. I have some stuff coming this week. Currently using double stacked gym mats for placing weights down until I can source a stall mat. The cage I want is currently out of stock. Will post a photo once it's all done.

EBB fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 14, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thinking of building this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dcn3KS6nOc

It's a smaller version of the usual DIY 8x8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I have lost my mind and am building the platform. Cut it down to 4 2/4 pieces for easier stacking. Stain is drying now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Starting Strength trip report: Week 3 halfway over and I'm definitely progressing more than on Cavefish. The reps are low but with the increasing weight I still feel challenged every time on that last set. Weight is still dropping but I'm seeing more lean mass replacing the fat.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So...question on 5x5. Today's session of SS bench press I went for 5 instead of 3 since I have a lot of gas left after 3 and can still do the exercise with good form. What's the real difference between the programs? Does 5x5 give more hypertrophy/less strength by virtue of the increased volume? The pump after 5 vs 3 feels good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

yeah yeah sticking to the program

Working my way up from the bottom. 150 squat/dead, 120 bench today for working sets.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Overhead press failed at 95 on working sets today. 4 reps first set, 3 on the second.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First week of having a power cage is going well. Went from a failed 95 lb overhead press up to 100 lb working sets because I don't have to clean the bar before the press anymore. Squat is up to 170, still getting linear progression out of it and it feels about the same difficulty every session so the 5 lb jumps are good. Dead is also 170 for the working set, but for shits and giggles I tried a two plate dead today and what do you know, I can deadlift 225 several times without ratcheting. Still gonna do 175 next session, I was just curious.

Power cleans are...problematic. Stalled around 125/130 and took a good hard look at my form. Re-read the book and watched more videos, then spent last night working on them with an empty bar and then up at 95 lbs. I'm bruised but I think I have it worked out. 125/130 is a bit too challenging so I'm thinking deload, focus on form, and work back up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Didn't deload. Nailed 135 5x3 and had enough gas to do the 5x3 pullups after but my upper body feels like rubber. :suicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S PUMPING IRON AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING GRUNTING NOISES WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WEIGHTS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNOQUE. NOT MAMY CAN SAY THE TOOK THE MR. OLYMPIA TITLE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD TO THE PEOPLE IN MY GYM AND ALL THEY PROVE IS PEOPLE IN THE GYM CAN BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE POSES AND HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY DOING THEM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I PROTEIN STACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm starting to hate squatting 3x a week thanks for reading god bless