Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

pt is gay

thread is gay

psydude is gay

quote this if youre down

I run intervals and then do lots of situps and pushups but I'm a skinny baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I hear ya man. I was 280 and six foot the day I graduated high-school. Today I'm 200 and six three. At my prime I was a pretty fierce 190. Just eating well, cutting out soda, and working hard is what did it for me. I dropped nearly 60 pounds in basic alone! I do pretty good on the APFT but I really don't consider myself to be in great shape. I only did single digit honest foot patrols in Afghanistan, and not in RC east, and they whooped my rear end. My brother (who's a god damned manimal) is making me start crossfit with him this week.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Being forced to pay for lovely food I didn't eat and all the horrible things associated with living in the barracks are the reasons the army has so many divorces. If I ever find myself active duty again, and the army gives gay marriages the same benefits of straight ones, I'm so going to marry one of my buddies.

Edit: Hell I'd probably just ask psydude to marry me. Not like he can do any better.

Double edit: Yes whip let me in on that sweet sweet pension.

gleep gloop fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 7, 2012

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

overdesigned posted:

I tried some of that L-arginine/NO-precursor stuff today before my workout and I did not like it, no sir I did not, loving creepy tingly feeling all over all the time, poo poo was weird and uncomfortable.

That's a symptom of swoleosis. You're about to get jacked.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

kathmandu posted:

Hey since y'all are talking about taking supplements that make your face tingle and/or cause you to lapse into a brief coma I feel like it's my responsibility as the GiP S1 to remind y'all to update your DD93 and SGLI.

Have a nice 18th Airborne Corps day folks :tipshat:

I want a title to now.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

Man I'll tell you what: after observing the run portion of a makeup PT test this past weekend where 14 took it and only 5 people pass, it's really motivated me to never wind up like that.

Our course is only about 1.8 miles long, by the way.

I swear every reserve track is +/- a quarter mile.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr.48 posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love how it proudly states thats its UNIVERSITY STUDIED. Not that it was found to be effective, or even safe, but it was studied! At a university! By people in lab-coats!

It could literally say "Will cause early death due to heart rupture" and army cats will still take it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

Unfortunately, you have to already be in decent shape to start it in the first place.

Well...poo poo. What's a good way to prepare? Wild sex with fat chicks?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

old dog child posted:

That is now why I am officially nicotine free :3:

Speaking of which this is probably a good enough thread for this.

Last Wednesday I ended a three year pack a day habit. I went cold turkey and haven't cheated. It's going great except that I've felt kind of depressed the last few days. Any ex tobacco users experience that while quitting?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Ah ok. I expected irritability and cold like symptoms didn't expect the mild depression. I've actually just recently gone on a health kick. I can no longer maintain the appearance of a 12 year old girl and gained a bit of fat. I just started crossfit with my brother, which made me realize how weak I've become, and stopped eating like a teenager. My god I've started falling apart at 22!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

TheUnhorse posted:

I dabbled in mountain biking, it's pretty fun but I hated the taint-beating I'd get on some trails.

Something something I'll bash your taint something.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

My insurance pays for HGH if I can get it legitimately prescribed for a hormone deficiency. Don't know how I would go about doing that. That would loving own though.

We take a 5 panel drugtest that's looking for steroids and I think it finds them by looking for heightened testosterone, so I'm guessing I would have to get a scrip for that as well. Also I am a complete vagina about needles which is why those special injectors for HGH appealed to me so much.

Tell the doctor you have pitifully small testicles and you cry watching lifetime. If he asks to see punch him in the mouth. Then cry.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

Awww man you're the best kind of bro.

I'm back on a shift where the gym isn't crowded full of Africans and Peruvians so I can work out 6 days a week again. I have this huge gym all to myself at 2am, it's wonderful.

Have you had any Ugandans fall in love with a female coworker yet? Those dudes LOVED my medic in Afghanistan. Brought her presents and everything.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

Yah this isn't DoD they don't let the servant-class talk to or interact with the Americans.

Seriously there is a really weird dynamic. If they bump into you they apologize profusely. Even if they are ahead of you in line at chow they will get out of your way. I don't know how to explain it.

They were like that to men in my experience, but loved women. African, Spanish, European, Asian, all the overseas labor was like that.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Rrail posted:

I had a heart rate of 195 on the stationary bike one day. Pretty sure that's not good.

:stonk: Were you like, 18?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

The Casualty posted:

Now now, gentlemen. There's enough community colleges to go around, I promise.

gently caress that, we're all going to show up at yours. And I will be the creeper dude staring at butts.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

kombatMedik posted:

Well, I've quit smoking now. I'm off the patch now for 3 days, and today I didn't get super mad at 5 pm like the past 2 days.

I really need to get in shape now though. Ugh.

gently caress yeah bro, I'm three weeks and two days off a pack a day habit. I never realized how much smoking held me back. I still can't lift poo poo, because I have the body of an anorexic coke addicted girl, but I sure feel better.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
If I eat broccoli fertilized by cow poop would I still be vegan?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

How dare you use animals as beasts of burden! If you truly wanted to be vegan, you'd fertilize your plants with your own poop!

What's the legality of Pooping in my yard. My fence is very see through.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
The gym I go to $75 a month and the instructors will drat near punch you for having dangerous form. I guess I got very lucky?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Goddamn I miss the Army providing a huge, well equipped, spacious, free-towel providing super gym with pools and racketball courts and all that other craziness, for the low low price of free ninety nine. Even my deployment gym was better than the one I'm currently paying for.

...the price of freedom. :sigh:

I enjoy the crowds in civilian gyms way more.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

Being able to get a bench is nice, too.
Also not being yelled at because my shoes are too bright or whatever the impossible to understand civilian dress code wants.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

Also, air conditioning.

Not having a horde of fatties in APFUs laying on the floor in the middle of the gym struggling to do that tenth pushup while some bored E6 says how they need to run four miles everyday.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

smertrioslol posted:

Are you planning on meeting your future ex-wife there or something? I couldn't even take this seriously the one time I saw it on base. It was a bunch of (mostly fat) wives and one hot instructor doing awful dance moves. Even the fatties barely looked like they broke a sweat.

This horribly agitating NCO I work with swears by it. She also swears that running "is no longer a challenge to me like Zumba is." She gets an 80 on her PT test.
See that's why gently caress army gyms. A gym I used to go to did zumba and it was always super fit toned as gently caress women.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Getting all sweaty and shiny...and tired...

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Like a gazele falling out from the herd.

Actually one of my soldiers teaches it on Stewart, she always wants to make here squad do zumba instead of prt.

Do it just to make some SNCO freak.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Kaliber posted:

This girl from my unit said she isn't going to fall for my lines to get into her pants.... Fast forward a few weeks I told her I would do a few runs with her and signed up for one. Then encouraged her to do a marathon and somehow agreed to it too.... I'm 100% positive I'm getting laid as soon as I see her.... But I'm also running 26 loving miles... I ran the 5 for the ranger thing and almost died...... Now I have to run that and 21 more... The poo poo i do for pussy.
:stare: She must be something.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I know It's technically the wrong answer but, tell him if he doesn't quit being an rear end in a top hat you'll punch him in the mouth. If he doesn't listen...punch him in the mouth. You can obviously take him.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Well if you wanted good advice you wouldn't have asked us. Bring some street justice to him.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Kaliber posted:

when he's doing a bench press offer to spot him for his max weight and then drop the weight on his face and kill him.
No. Threaten to put your weiner in his face if he doesn't agree to stop.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
People do that in the states to. You see a ton of skinny rich white kids walk around with them on their necks. Along with their straight brimmed yankees hat and tough guy sneer.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

My Spirit Otter posted:

That describes to a t one guy at my old regiment. He used to wear white sunglasses in the gym too. He tried steroids too, after his first cycle he went from 130ish to about 134ish
I forgot the white sunglasses. Real talk though, almost everyone tries steroids overseas and doesn't do poo poo.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Crazy Mike posted:

I just had my section sergeant pencil whip the gently caress out of my body fat test so I could go to school

"Hmm the computer doesn't round that right, lets measure you again and use the paper form."

Actual APFT is this Saturday. I am relatively sure that I will not pass the run.
I've seen people go to school with both a failing APFT and body fat.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

GreenMeat posted:

See, I always do the opposite. Schedule the APFT for a Tuesday, PT the unit hard up through the Friday before, give 'em the weekend to recover. Come Monday, run a slow jog to somewhere inconspicuous and stretch/bullshit for 45 minutes, then jog back for release formation.
That's exactly how all my tests on Bragg went. Oh except the time we took it on a Friday and had to deal with the entire post doing formation runs. Almost every single one I passed screamed at me not to pass formations.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Yeah if I'm taking an APFT gently caress your rules, out of my way. No one will care if I got stuck behind a formation or whatever, id get whatever the stop watch says.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

psydude posted:

e:^^^ Any good leader would know that you must have a ground guide posted first.

I always found that as my run time improved, so did my situps, because of the strengthening of the hip flexor muscles.
As I lost the rest of my excess fat after basic and AIT my setups steadily went down as my run steadily got faster. My first APFT at my unit I maxed my situps and ran like 15:28. The one after my first deployment I got like 70% situps and ran in the 13:00s.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I wasn't joking. Someone is about to die.
No bro. No. :(

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Nillerz posted:

Anybody got any super-cool ruckmarching tips? Also, any tips on how to strengthen ones shin-bones so I don't have to run like a retard?

Good socks and boots. Nice thick socks that fit well. That should be obvious but some people wear too big socks and they bunch up making hot spots. Make sure your boots actually fit well, and are nice and broken in.

Make sure your rucksack is loaded well. This is easier to gently caress up than wearing it wrong. If the weight is distributed all crazy like you're going to be very unhappy. Trust me don't be an idiot and have a ton of weight in a side pocket.

Also be six feet tall+

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

smertrioslol posted:

What can I do to limit this taint swole? Are there some kind of special pants or something, I really have no idea what I'm doing with this whole biking thing. Just wanna save money on gas, and have an excuse to ride around with my shirt off downtown.

Honestly its get used to it. Wearing spankex instead of boxers help but It's just gonna hurt at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Nillerz posted:

how do you gag them, then?

Some of us are real men.