Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

psydude posted:

I just remembered the secret to running: don't be a pussy.

Sad part is, sometimes it really is just making yourself uncomfortable. I hate saying that since I've never really given thought to running and just turn off my brain (lol officers) and run. Unfortunatly I'm now dealing with a good soldier about to get put out because they suck at pt and have failed 2 in a row. He just can't push himself to just pass. He's not fat or injured in any way, he just can't push himself to the minimum, literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Holy poo poo. I tried that 4 minute hiit work out on the last page. I did hang cleans to front squats to an over head press. Did the first 4 sets with 135, felt like hell, dropped down to 95 for the last 4 sets. Didnt really feel as awful. Think 115 will be the sweet spot next time I try this and until I stop being a baby.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
They did something similar at bolc for slots, 15 dead hang sounds excessive seeing as the requirement is 6. Either way it sucks that you don't get a shot. I'm officially 3 weeks out and starting to feel anxious about it.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

gleep glop posted:

Getting all sweaty and shiny...and tired...

Like a gazele falling out from the herd.

Actually one of my soldiers teaches it on Stewart, she always wants to make here squad do zumba instead of prt.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

gleep glop posted:

Do it just to make some SNCO freak.

I've actually asked my co to let it happen company wide since they did a few company crossfit sessions that were a huge clusterfuck. The 1SG, who was loving around on his phone at the time, snapped to consciousness and used about 30 homophobic remarks as to why we will never do it.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Act like you want to put this all aside and be bros with him. Lace you work out gloves with LSD or whatever psychotropic drug you can get your hands on. Make amends and go in for a bro hug. From there he'll probably have a bad trip and never want to listen to dirt rock again. Just ensure you keep his weapon away from him. Don't need him to shoot at some imaginary demon pixies and accidentally George Lenny. Bonus points if it gets him sent home.

If this is crossing the line I also have a plan that involves a firehose, three Peruvian midgets and 2lbs of milk chocolate.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
The Army uses the neck and waist as well. I have a 17 inch neck when I roll my traps forward, so I believe I can have up to a 41 or 42 inch waist and still pass. We have guys that look pregnant that pass as well.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

psydude posted:

Everyone takes one every 6 months regardless of score in my unit. Besides, I'd take it anyway because that's the kind of leader I am :colbert:

Real leaders get fat, pencil whip their test, and then yell at their soldiers for being pussies when they don't max.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

psydude posted:

We're refusing to send people to WLC if they aren't passing both. I just had two E4s lose their slots because they failed the run and regulations don't permit a retest for four months.

Unless it is different in the RC, then it is they have 90 days to take and pass the APFT in order to no be chaptered. They can take the APFT prior to the 90 days at their personal discretion.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Note to self, don't let platoon smoke you on the last platoon pt session the day before an APFT. Most painful 2 miles I've ran in a while, couldn't really open up until the second mile, ended up coming in at 13:48, so I think I got a 292. I'll have to calculate it later since I just moved up to the 27-32 age bracket.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
In all honesty it doesn't bother me now that I'm an officer I'd it is done to me, but I definitely shield my soldiers as much as possible. If I really wanted to not do pt I could have because I'm no longer a PL come cob today, I wanted to do it for fun.

Also I've never had anyone say poo poo at Stewart but FLW drill sergeants would flip like psydude said.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I've been ready to rebranch since I found out I had chem, but for different reasons obviously. Sucks that on active pretty much every branch is closed for transfers. I'm hoping to get a signal functional area so I can pull a TS, grad degree and finally cut and run. Hell at that point ill have 12 years active time in service... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
There really is no standard size for infantry. My first roommate was 5'6" 140 and could do all the things kaliber mentioned. I was 6' <185 for most of my time enlisted. As far as being an officer is concerned, a bigger emphasis is put on the APFT for some reason, especially when compared to technically and tactically proficientcy. When going through any officer producing program, you PFT plays part into your class ranking, so getting the max score is good for getting your foot into the door.

Also once you get to the line it becomes a lot more difficult to keep muscle on as you spend chunks of your months in the field eating lovely and not lifting.