Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
My local bonsai nursery has a bunch of Shimpakus, which look pretty cool. Are they just junipers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I've done some more research, and it looks like it would be possible for me to grow one inside, which would be ideal.

I also work out of town a lot, sometimes for a couple weeks at a time. I'll probably wait on buying a bonsai until I can build myself something that will mist a few times a day on a timer, and something that will water it every couple days. I don't even know if that will work, I've never grown a plant before :ohdear:

Nobody answered the dude above about any fruit-bearing bonsai trees. Has this ever been done before? Tried and failed? Never tried?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
It needs the dormant cycle or it gets sick and dies

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I've had a couple serious aphid infestations on a few plants of mine out of the blue. Not sure specifically about your mugo but I used an organic insecticidal soap after trying out a cayenne/water mixture that seemed to work pretty well. Good luck :/

Why is organic better than not-organic?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
So, obviously I have some time, but what's the estimate before I have to do something with my new Ficus? Six months? A year?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Cool, I better get started, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Stealin' that layout