Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrolite
Jun 29, 2005

Ero Ninja Gundam!
Pillbug

madlilnerd posted:

Well, I ignored my flatmate's pleas to throw mine out and as of last week there has been root growth! There's a little one just poking out of the bottom. I'm excited to see if it keeps growing or just gets all stubborn or dies or whatever. We shall see.

A couple of years (more like 15 :corsair: ) ago I did the same thing. Toothpicks, root growth, shoved it in a pot. Now admittedly I didn't care for it at all, save some water now and then, but I guess I should warn you that what I ended up with wasn't very 'bonsai' at all. When it was about 1ft high it started growing fast as gently caress, before turning into a gangly mess in my not-very-sunny goonroom. The leaves were huge, something like 10 inches long. I kept it like that for 5 years or so, before it had to go. All in all a cool experiment, but not something I'd drag in front of sensei.

Astrolite fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU